15

As March rolled in, the deadline for the project was coming quickly, and so was the end of the school year. Teachers slowly started to hand out review sheets and study guides for the upcoming finals, and students started to panic. Y/n wasn't the "studying type," per se, but Tenya was. Instead of going out for dates, the two of them had a few study dates since their last ice-skating outing. Simple touches like hand-holding and simply leaning on each other became natural for the both of them and apologizing for it diminished. But still, the two of them weren't official -- But hell, they both wanted them to be. 

"Alright people, I know the end of the year is here, but by no means does that allow you to slack off," Ms. Harris announced, "Your multi-month projects are almost complete at this point, and by now we should be able to determine whether the theory is true." 

"Oh... I forgot about the whole project basis,"  Y/n remembered. 

"What I want you to do, is with your partners, write a statement on if the theory was true for the both of you, or if it wasn't, and why." 

Tenya being himself, he raised his hand, "Will this be in separate statements or collective?" 

Ms. Harris took a deep breath, "I was just getting to that, thank you Iida. It will be one collective statement, but both of you will contribute your thoughts." 

"Thank you, ma'am." 

With that, the partners got together and started to draft their ideas, Tenya and Y/n being no different. 

"Alright," Y/n started, "So the theory was that allegedly, people become similar to each other the more that they are together." 

"Yes. And I believe it is true for us." 

"Really?"

"Yes. You may have not noticed it, but I, for one, have." 

"What have you noticed, Mr. Insightful?" 

"For starters, you are keeping up on your school work." 

"Oh shit, you're right!" being so involved in everything else, she hasn't even noticed that she was doing her work on time. Instead of calling her out on her language, Tenya simply gave her a look, "Oops," She smiled apologetically, 

"I've become more lenient on things as well."

"How so?" 

"Usually I would be more resistant to having romantic relations during my school career, but here we are." 

Y/n's eyes widened to no end, "Shh!" She looked around her room in panic and whispered to Tenya, "I like what we have going on, but I don't know if I want the whole damn school to know that!" 

"Why not? I would be proud to have people know about us." 

Y/n's mood shifted, "Really...?" Tenya nodded confidently, "So you're not embarrassed to be seen with me?" 

"Why would I be? You're absolutely lovely, Y/n. I couldn't ask for anybody else to have this connection with." 

"Aww, Tenya, you're gonna make me cry!" 

"Please don't! I would never want to make you cry!" 

"Happy tears, Tenya. Happy tears." 

"Oh, well then that would be ok." Tenya's face contorted in thought, "Y/n, was there somebody out there who was embarrassed to be with you?" 

She was silent for a second, then spoke up, "Kind of. A guy once wanted to keep everything we had a secret. Didn't talk to me in person, barely texted me at all, didn't want me to tell my own friends, and he didn't tell his either."

"That's absolutely terrible, Y/n. You don't deserve that. Nobody does." 

"I know. And that's why it's in the past now. He wasn't as handsome as you are anyway," She smiled. 

Tenya stiffened, "W-well, thank you, Y/n..." 

"Got him!"  She smiled to herself.

---

Throughout the class period, everybody made their statements and concluded that the theory was, in fact, true. Each pair handed theirs in, and the teacher set them on her desk to grade at a later time. Meanwhile, the lunch hour bell rang, and each student made their way to eat. Instead of just her and Tenya, Y/n invited Cam and Quinn to sit with them. 

"Hey, so did the theory work for you guys?" Cameron started.

Just as Y/n was about to answer, Tenya took the lead, "It did. We have both adopted traits of each other, simply making us better versions of ourselves." 

Y/n smiled, recalling what he had said earlier that day, "Well look at that," Cam continued, "It worked for us too!" 

"No shit, really?" Y/n responded, earning a nudge in the side from Tenya, "Sorry." 

"Wow, he's really tamed you, Y/n," Cam smirked.

"Oh shut it! Don't think I haven't noticed you no longer yell random things in the middle of class anymore." 

Quinn finally spoke up, "That would be from me. At first, she wouldn't shut up, " He side-eyed her, "But now she sometimes has to tell me to be quiet." 

"You somehow have a lot of words in you for such a quiet kid." 

"I just didn't always speak them, that's why."

Over the lunch period, the group conversed about the project and made friendly conversation fit for any close-knit friend group. 

---

The school day went on like normal, and it was finally time to leave for the weekend. Before she could pack her things, Tenya pulled Y/n's attention aside. 

"Although it's last minute, would you be able to join me for an outing right after school?"

Y/n perked up, "Yeah! Let me just let my mom know that I'll be out." 

"Perfect." 

The two of them packed their things and set out on their journey, Tenya leading the way considering that Y/n didn't know where they were going. 

The pair strolled along the sidewalk hand in hand and smiling as they talked about whatever was on their minds, sprinkling in little compliments within their conversation. 

After walking for about 20 minutes now, they approached familiar territory, Y/n still not knowing what Tenya had in mind. 

Finally having enough of the mystery, Y/n asked, "Tenya, where are we going?" 

"I guess I could tell you now, considering we're almost there," Tenya sighed and pointed ahead, "You see that hill of grass over there?" 

"Yeah, Sunset Avenue. What's over there?" 

"You'll see..." 

1022 words