Part 5

"He is someone who saved me," said Cale.

 "Ahh yes sir," said Hans looking at Kim rok soo curiously.

"Also Young master your father was worried and hopes you are okay. There are a lot of healing potions in your room."

'Haaa' Cale scoffed internally. "Tell him that I'm okay and that I will meet him," he said to Hans. If he wanted to repay Rok soo with money he had to take some from his father as he had nothing.

Hans seemed like he wanted to say more. But right now he wanted to be alone away from the eyes of the people in the mansion so he raised his hands to stop Hans and said, "Make sure to bring the breakfast to my room" he said.

 Hearing Han's reply he walked towards his room with Rok soo behind him. Once they reached his room Rok soo asked, "hey are you really fine?"

"Of course why would I care about rubbish huh?" he asked harshly but his voice was trembling.

Kim rok soo sighed. he was not great at comforting people but seeing the youngster remainder him of himself. He knew that even if someone refused comfort deep inside they would want it desperately. He walked forward and pulled the youngster into a hug and after patting him for a few minutes let go.

Meanwhile, Cale had felt like crying when he reached the room. He might have if no one was around but as Rok soo was there he felt that he should not show his weak side anymore.

So when he felt Rok soo hugging him and patting him he felt his last strand of control over his emotions break. He buried his head into Rok soo's chest as a few tears managed to get through his façade of not caring.

After he felt the tears stop he felt awkward. Upon seeing the tear stain on Rok soo's shirt he became further embarrassed. "Sorry about that," he said to Rok soo. 

"Hmm no problem," said Rok soo.

Soon they both heard a knock on the door announcing the servants bringing them food.

They both sat down and started eating Rok soo lost in his own thoughts while Cale was thinking about what excuse he should give for taking the money.

Meanwhile, Rok soo on seeing the food felt as if he could stay here forever if food like this would be served daily. All he would need would be a bed to sleep and everything would be perfect.

While they both were lost in their own thoughts they suddenly heard a knock and the door opened.

Rok soo looked up to see a man with brown hair and rich clothes with a noble demeanor.

'Ah this must be Cale's father' he thought looking at Cale. But seeing Cale he felt odd as Cale seemed to be neither angry nor pleased to see his father.

"Cale my son are you okay now?" he asked.

Cale upon seeing his father felt mixed emotions of anger, happiness, resentment and sadness. He remembered all those times he wished his father would come to see him. Since his mother died his father had been depressed and would often lock himself up in the study.

 He never visited Cale. Cale ignored this and hoped that his father would get better if he gave him some time. He remembered those nights which he sat awake hoping his father would come and wish him at least a good night.

Then one day his father introduced a woman and child saying that they would be family. He had felt a sharp sense of betrayal, loss and anger. He had immediately ran and locked himself in his room and refused to eat anything. That day he cried himself to sleep. The next day watching his fathers interaction with those people and seeing the happy look on his father's face Cale decided to accept the fact that they were going to be family but not entirely. Seeing them all together laughing and being happy as a family he felt that he should not let his presence destroy the happiness of that family.

Since then he had started drinking and acting like trash.

He was brought back to the present reality when his father coughed to remind him of his presence. 

"Cale I hope that you are okay I heard that you were injured" Ah right his injury. But he hardly felt any pain now that it was already wound up by Rok soo. He had also drank a healing potion.

"Yes I'm fine," he replied curtly. His father nodded. 

"Also this is Kim Rok soo" he introduced to his father. His father nodded and said, "Nice to meet you. Are you Cale's friend?" Cale felt himself freeze when he heard his father ask Rok soo whether he was his friend. He was trash and trash did not have any friends. Nor did anyone want to become friends with trash.

Rok soo nodded but he wondered whether a noble like Cale would want a homeless person like him as a friend. "Yes sir I had the grace of meeting the dignified young master." said Rok soo activating his glib tongue even though he knew Cale's present actions in the territory were far from dignified.

He then noticed the shocked gazes of both Cale and his father. But then Deruth just nodded as if satisfied with Rok soo's answer and turned to Cale.

"Also I wanted to tell you that Basen had gone to the meeting as you did not want to." Cale nodded. He remembered how his father had came and asked him whether he would like to go to the capital but he had refused.

"Then that's all.." said his father awkwardly. Cale then remembered about the money.

"Also father could you give me some money?" he asked reluctantly. Hearing Cale call him father Deruth's face immediately lit up. He called one of the servants and wrote down a sum of money and asked them to fetch it for Cale.

Meanwhile, Rok soo on seeing the zero's in the sum of money Deruth wrote felt his eyes widen.

Rok soo suddenly recalled how Cale's father told them that Cale's younger brother had gone to the plaza where the bombing would take place. He felt his blood go cold.

He complemented whether he should tell it to Cale or not. He then decided to tell Cale as Basen was Cale's brother and it was up to Cale to decide whether to save him or not. 

Once Cale's father  left Rok soo said, "Cale your brother might be in danger." 

"What? How?" asked Cale.

Rok soo said that he had found out that a bombing will take place at the plaza through a team of mercenaries. He made that part up though because he knew this incident as he had read it from the novel.

Upon hearing this all the blood drained from Cale's face. He stumbled. Rok soo immediately caught him. "It's all my fault." said Cale. "I should have gone instead of Basen" he mumbled.

Rok soo noticed how Cale's hands were trembling. He gently guided Cale to a chair and said, "Calm down"

Cale had been feeling enormously anxious and guilty for his brother though not by blood when he heard what Rok soo said. He remembered how his mother had died and his hands started trembling. he couldn't stop the trembling even though he tried to.

But when he heard Rok soo's calm voice he felt some of his anxiousness go away. He knew that something had happened back when he was injured by Choi han, but he hadn't known that a bombing would take place.

Seeing that Rok soo's face was not in the slight bit anxious or troubled he felt the trembling stop and he soon calmed down. 

"What will we do?" he asked looking at Rok soo. 

"First we have to buy some bread," said Rok soo while smiling.