Part 8

As soon as the carriage arrived Cale and Rok soo boarded it. There were also some knights whom were given to Cale by his father for protection. The head of the guards was named Hilsman.

They soon travelled and reached a place where they saw some murdered bandits. 'Must be Choi Han's doing' thought Rok soo upon seeing this.

While on the way Cale practiced the sword. When he was small he used to practice with a sword but later once he had started drinking he no longer practiced so now that he tried to wield it felt weird but not totally unfamiliar.

After a few swings, he started to get back his old memories of wielding a sword.

The kittens were both curled up against each other on Rok soo's lap watching Cale swinging his sword.

As Cale swung his sword he felt the sword aura rising within him. His skills that he had hidden from everyone to make sure Basen and Lily won't face any discrimination. The skills which had been buried due to drinking rose within him and his aura a bright red colour like his hair rose within his blade as he slashed through the air. He felt the freedom that he used to feel when swinging the sword. It felt as if it had become a part of his body that could be controlled easily. Unknowing to him he was smiling brightly.

"Nya wow look noona it is soo cool" exclaimed Hong seeing this.

Rok soo watched Cale practice using his sword aura with a smile. As expected he was not wrong it might be true that Cale Henituse was not trash but acting like one. 

While they were on their way, they met Venion Stan on a speeding carriage that had nearly trampled an old man on its way.

Upon seeing him Venion Stan smiled and tried to provoke him. But unlike before he didn't rise to any of the provocations. Instead thinking about all the losses Venion would face soon made him smile.

Soon after Venion left Cale helped the old man stand up. "Hans give him some healing potions," he said indifferently. Seeing the expensive healing potions the old man's eyes widened.

"I cannot accept such things... as I don't have anything to pay for it you have already helped me so much," he said.

"Tch I'm not doing this because I want it's just because I pity you. Take it" Cale said as if annoyed.

Rok soo who was watching this felt a smile tugging on his lips seeing Cale act so indifferent.

"Young master, would you like to stay at my inn? It's the least I can do for you" the old man said.

Cale glanced at Rok soo who nodded. They would need an excuse in case Venion suspected them. Rok soo began planning immediately.

Cale said, "Alright lead the way. Hans, we'll be resting at this inn for the day."

"Yes, young master" replied Hans. 

Meanwhile the soldiers including Hilsman who saw the scene was moved to tears. "The young master is not trash in fact he is a really kind person" The soldiers whispered among themselves. 'We must take care of our young master' they all decided a fierce light burning in their eyes.

Cale suddenly felt a slight chill but decided to ignore it.

Once they reached the inn and settled in the inn. Cale called Rok soo to his room as planned to ask about their plan. 

Rok soo settled in the room provided for him. It was fairly nice. Better than most of the places he had slept during the apocalypse. He smiled on seeing the kittens were around on the bed.