Part 6

'Whhaat?' Cale felt his mind go blank when he heard what Rok soo said. 'Haaa has my sanity finally snapped.' he thought. 

"Excuse me I think I heard something wrong," he said blankly to Rok soo.

Rok soo chuckled, "Nope you didn't its as I said we have to buy some bread"

Cale wondered whether Rok soo had finally gone crazy. No, he thought that maybe Rok soo was crazy from the beginning as who in their right mind would talk to someone like him. Sane people would only scorn him. Choi han was a good example of this.

Rok soo looked at Cale who seemed to be lost in deep thoughts. "Haa look I'm not crazy."

"Yeah yeah" replied Cale sarcastically.

He did not know anything about Cale except that he would get beaten up by Choi han and that he was regarded as trash by everyone. But after talking to Cale he began to suspect something. Was Cale really or trash or was he just acting so? Rok soo thought about this theory of his for a while and decided to not think about things like this which will make him do more work.

Rok soo was not sure whether he should tell Cale about the ancient power but since Cale met him he didn't ask anything nor was suspicious of him so he decided to tell Cale.

"There is an ancient power that I need," he said. "Ohhh" Cale gasped. But he still didn't understand why buying bread was necessary. As if guessing his thoughts Rok soo said "I think it might be a way of obtaining the power" "I see " replied Cale, as he didn't, wasn't to mess up his mind by thinking about it too much.

Aaa, a character must not be introduced for naught right? He wondered what Cale's role in the story was. He did not know the end of the story as he did not finish reading it.

The attack and the transmigration had happened too quickly and unexpectedly.

He thought about the dragon and how it was killed by Choi han. Rok soo felt that he should not let that happen. He decided to save the dragon before going to get the vitality of the heart. Also while travelling they would need a spatial pouch and many other things.

He then said to Cale, "You have to go and buy some things from Billos. He is a small merchant as of now. But he is greedy for money." He felt bad making Cale spend so much money. But he decided to push the guilt aside as Cale himself had volunteered to help him.

 Besides he wouldn't waste any more of Cale's resources as he had no intention of participating in wars. It would be taken care of by the protagonist. All I had to do is sit back in some villa far away from the war and enjoy a slacker's life.

Thinking about his nice future that lay ahead of him he became happy. 

Rok soo had then told cale to collect anything that was of importance to him as they might not return immediately back to the territory. 

He had then borrowed some money and bought two huge sacks of bread.

Rok soo walked through the streets to the hill where the man-eating tree was said to be. On the way, he saw two kids who looked as though they had nothing to eat for months. "Mister don't go there," one of them told him. He sighed then took out some bread from his bag and gave it to both of them. He hated seeing children starving. The elder one seemed suspicious of him but seeing her younger brother looking at it she took it from him and thanked him.

Rok soo then proceeded to climb. He soon reached the tree. Looking around he found a hole beside the tree where he dumped whole contents of food he had bought in the bag.

But it seemed that it was not satisfied. 'Haa guess I will not get it today.' He decided to come again tomorrow.

He returned to the mansion through the sideway that Cale had shown him and went to the room they had provided him with. It had been really comfortable and the clothes provided was also nice. 'Damn if I could I would not mind staying like this.' he thought.

Cale thought about what to take. Actually, he had nothing that he wanted but he remembered his father telling him that his mother had left him a dairy.

Back then he didn't want it. But now he felt as if he should take it. So he decided to revisit the grave. He took a shovel with him and a cloak to wear as he would otherwise attract too much attention.

Cale obtained the diary from his mother's grave. In fact, it was an ancient power. When he saw the words on the diary he felt the tears sliding down his cheeks. He was glad that no one was here. He started sobbing all the resentment and frustrations that were within him all these years. When his sobs finally stopped he felt happier than he ever had since back then.

He decided that he would follow Rok soo no matter the consequences. Besides maybe this person could help him thought Cale as he remembered how he had died.

He went back to the mansion his heart lighter than ever. He then first headed to the place where Rok soo was staying. Rok soo seemed to be in deep thought when Cale came. Noticing Cale Rok soo asked him whether he had got all the things he wanted and that belonged to him. Cale nodded, "Oh turns out the diary left to me by my mother is an ancient power," he said to Rok soo. When he said so an odd expression crossed Rok soo's face and then Rok soo nodded.

When Rok soo heard about the ancient power Cale obtained he was surprised as he had never read anything like that in the original novel. 'Maybe it's something coming after the parts I have read' he thought.

Cale then asked what they were going to do next after Rok soo obtained the ancient power.

"We have to move a little faster than expected. We are going to rescue a dragon."

Cale wondered why he felt surprised anymore as Rok soo had always seemed to say the impossible.