While you are waiting ...

If you're enjoying this book and waiting for the next update, consider reading one of my other stories. I've listed them here and you can find them all on my profile, BirtheV.

Light of Heart

This is an LGBTQ+ one-shot collection, where you'll find lighthearted fluff, stories that'll warm your heart and lift you up. They're generally a realistic/slice-of-life take (except for the few humoristic ones) on certain tropes and clichés, but with happy queer people. It's updated whenever I finish a story that fits and there's already a long list with completed stories. Come take a look if you like shy 14-year-olds, a transgender werewolf or an asexual in his fifties.

Prometheus

When Dante drinks the blood of a woman with Aids, his health takes a turn for the worse. His immune system should be infallible, but here he is: every day, he wakes up healthy, only to attract another painful and rare disease during the day that is miraculously cured at night. It is a neverending cycle and dreams and reality seem to blend into nothing but pain.
And unlike Prometheus, there will not be a Heracles to kill the eagle and break the chains. He'll have to save himself, but can he do that when he's his own worst enemy? There's no antidote for life or suffering.

Content warnings: loneliness, mild self-hate (mostly for being a vampire), passive desire to die, mention of past torture, detailed description of flu-like symptoms, symptoms of depression, anxiety

***

This novella was an entry for the Open Novella Contest 2020 and is completed. It's a "realistic" take on how one could be a vampire and falls generally in the literary fiction category. I consider it some of my best work *hint, hint*. It also has asexual, demiromantic and other rep!

Discrimen

This is another LGBTQ+ one-shot collection, but instead of lighthearted fluff, it's the home for all "serious" themes, like discrimination, bullying, mental health, ... There's currently only 6 stories, but like Light of Heart, it is updated whenever I finish a story that fits.

(I also have a bunch of Dutch short stories and poems and reading lists if you are looking for LGBTQ+ recommendations.)

I have left links to all the stories in the inline comments. Take care of yourself and don't forget to smile!