Chapter 62 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

Jax's Point Of View

She kissed her. Reina fucking Clementine Romano came to where I was standing and pulled the woman I was supposedly flirting with by the hips and kissed her. This woman loved things to be done by her way and clearly I wouldn't get anything my way if she was to come by near me. 

One thing I couldn't deny was that she looked absolutely gorgeous. The red gown was tight fitted on her waist and had a slit down her thigh showing her roses tattoos on her leg as well as some ankle tattoo. Her hair was curled slightly showing bouncy curls. All together, her whole outfit made her look like the sexiest woman I have laid my eyes on.

She had a smirk playing on her lips taunting me about my sadistic and pathetic attempt to make her jealous. It went down the drain. The woman that I was supposedly flirting with was smiling happily like a new fond baby looking at its mother.

"Reina Romano. God is it nice to see you!" 

"Lydia Stevens baby. Still crushing on me I'm guessing." she said smiling while going in for a hug.

"Can you blame me, look at you. Fucking hot darling making it boiling in the room. You haven't met Jax Martinez have you?" Lydia said turning to me.

"Actually we have." she said.

"I'll leave you ladies to it, I guess." I said and then walked out for a smoke and to get some bloody air away from her.

I walked towards the balcony and lit up a cigarette and stared into the night sky. Reina fucking Romano. There was something to her and her stubborn attitude that had turned me on constantly with no effort. Nothing like the other women I had laid eyes on before. She kept me going. We found a way to annoy each other and it pissed us all of but at the end of the day I had the power she desired and that could keep my sanity going for days non stop.

While I stared into space, I felt a figure from behind me coming closer. I grabbed my gun clocked it and pointed it at their head. It was Nemesis. Her arms were crossed as she stared ay me. She came besides me and also looked into space. She took the cigarette out of my hand and smoked from it with multiple inhales.

"You know, smoking's injurious to your health." Nemesis said while mocking the beginnings of movies of when they smoke.

"Don't be hypocritical baby. You're smoking my cigarette, Nem."

"Mmmhm."

We stared at the night sky smoking in silence. Not the awkward one but the comfortable one.

"Dance with me." I said while pulling her hips onto the middle of the balcony. 

"Thought you didn't dance, Narc."

"Well maybe for the right woman I will."

For the first time, I saw a genuine and shy smile like no one ever really compliments her like that. I pulled her arms across my shoulder and my hands were on her waist. We swayed to the loud music that could be heard on the speakers from inside.

Within moments, she laid her head on my chest and her hands on my neck softened. One of my hands, were gripped around her waist. It was as if she trusted me and if she gave me trust then I'll only return the trust back to her with my own. She felt safe in my arms and I felt like she belonged with me but in reality I'm a criminal and she's a business woman. She could never belong to my world; she could get herself killed with her attitude but it does help that she can fight better than my own men.

Just then gunshots rang in the air.