Chapter 64 - 𝓑𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

Jax's Point Of View

She didn't follow my order. Who does she think she s? She has no idea on what could be the possible chances of her interacting with other criminals that have a feared and heartless reputation in the underground. Mob bosses and other bounty hunters could easily skin her alive for being involved in this whole façade. She knows more than she lets on that I knew but she had no clue that these men were not someone to mess around with. Not now not ever.

Nicollo Fabino. The infamous mobster who preys on women no matter what. He sent these men as a warning. He was an ally with the Greeks and this was a message of their ally. This wasn't my turf to decide what I could and couldn't do. This was worse that I expected. There were more enemies and here I was outnumbered.

Nemesis never listens to one fucking word that I say so she came and challenged their authority.

"Nemesis turn around and walk away." I ordered but does she ever listen so the answer was practically expected in any situation.

"You might want to listen to him, little girl." One of the men had gruffed at her what a sneer creeping with the malice behind it.

"You see old man, I don't have time so don't bother wasting your breath, "she began with her badass persona coming to the effect. She began thrown punches and the fight had begun. Three men three punches with no dirty playing. They had knives and all but they were no match to me. Arrogant yes but still I was known to be an aggressive man for a reason. While I was beating up one of the men, one of the men from Nem's side went flying across the room and slammed on the door. Shocked at how such a small woman could mighty up the strength to beat up and bruise men twice or some might even say triple her size. Just as I was done, I looked at her. No cuts or bruises. She was capable of taking care of herself and that was something that I needed to hammer into my skull.

"How did you- "I began but we both saw the lights of the cop cars flashing and she took a run for it while I left the back entrance. I stayed around the back for a bit but then came around to the front.

"Jax Martinez," a woman sneered with disgust while staring at me.

"Detective," I responded. Cops and detectives hated my guts since they never had enough evidence to incriminate me.

"You wouldn't be the one behind this, would you?" she asked but clearly knew the answer to her own question.

"Excuse me detective but are you accusing me of something?"

"No, not at all. Just find it hilarious that a criminal is around a shooting where other criminals were killed and really funny that they both hated their guts."

"Detective Santiago," a voice called and she headed her way shooting me a dirty look.

I waited for Nemesis outside but after some time I was fed up of waiting for her so went inside to discover that she had already left.

She was hiding something big and didn't want to tell anyone about anything but it will come out whether she likes it or not because time shows us things we don't want to tell. She wouldn't have stayed in Chicago because her hotel in New York was nearly ready to be opened so was probably on a flight to New York and so was I now.

I walked into my house to here Angelo scream "whore" to someone so I made my way to the living room where he was to see who he was screaming at in my house. I saw Nemesis holding a gun at his knee cap and shot with no remorse. Her adrenaline kicked in along with her anger and she began to aim at his other kneecap. This would be where I would interfere.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You aim for his arm darling because he still needs to walk to do his jobs for me but he can survive with only one arm and one leg damaged, Nemesis."

My arms were steady on her hips and she pulled the trigger and my eyes were solely on Angelo. I took my hand quickly around her neck and turned her off before she had the chance to kill hm. I picked her up in bridal style.

"Clean yourself up and check the docks for any Milan workers sneaking in here and keep an eye out for any rat." I demanded to him and he followed where I took Nem to my bedroom and laid her on the bed where I went to take a shower.

When I came out with a towel wrapped around my waist, she sat up on the bed rubbing her eyes. It was 8pm and she was jetlagged.

"What the hell am I doing here?" she asked while getting up and walking towards the door but I grabbed her hips and trapped her hands above her head and slammed her against the door.

"What kind of training have you had?"

"I have no clue what you're talking about."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Don't play dumb with me Nem. I won't stand for it."

"Guess you won't be standing then." She kneed me and ran out of the door and went out.

God this woman was a handful of trouble but the trouble you like to constantly juggle in your life. I went to the docks to see Angelo and deal with hm.

"Angelo."

"Boss," he greeted me as usual.

"What stunt are you pulling with her. I told you she's mine to deal with; you have no right to talk to her like you dd," I began and then pulled hm towards me by the shirt's collar, "hear me say it once more you talk to her like that again you're a dead man."

Just then I got a phone call from Felix.

"Boss, you might want to come to the club."

"it better be serious Fel or I'll kill you."

"it is."

I made my way to the club that was across the street and just as I walked in, I saw Nem dancing on the pole with multiple men cheering her on making my blood boil and bubble big time. I went towards her and carried her off the stage and no one dared to make a sound when I entered the stage.

She wore a silver dress with white heels. It showed her cleavage and she wore like the queen she was Many men would go on their knees for a woman like her and I would no matter what if only I didn't have the burning passion to kill her every five seconds.

"Hey babyyyyyyyy

"Hey babyyyyyyyy." She slurred out clearly heavily drunk.

"Nemesis, you just love to test my patience, don't you?"

"What did you do right now?"

"Well, dealt with some shipments that were messed around with the Milans as well as trying to figure out who the rat is."

Just then, she collapsed.

Too drunk and she can't handle her drink. Give me the strength to deal with her.

A/N AAHAHFDSJKFKSDBFSDBF 500K READS. LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.