Chapter Twelve

I am a terrible person! There have been so many times that I could have told him and yet I didn't. Maybe I just don't want to tell him. He kept the thing with him and Shai a secret for so long, maybe I don't want to tell him because I want revenge. Would that make me such a bad person? Only if I act on it I suppose.

"Hey babe." Miles pulls me closer to him, if that's possible, and rests his head on my shoulder. he kisses my neck periodically. After our fight he's been so sweet and loving and I, so rigid and distant. he probably thinks I'm still mad at him, how I wish that were the case.

"Hey." I murmur back.

"Are you okay?" I nod and we sit in silence. "Well if you need anything come get me, I'll be in the shower." I nod. "And princess, can you please get up and get ready soon?" I look at the clock. It's 8:30 on a Saturday morning. Usually we're still asleep by now.

"Why?" I ask. Was that too snobby?

"Ansel and Annika are coming over remember?" I nod, now remembering. He chuckles softly and goes to the bathroom to take a shower. I lay in bed bed for 10 more minutes, scrolling through my Twitter feed.

"I can't believe she's still with him." Someone tweets.

"I would have left him in a heartbeat." Someone else tweets.

"It's not bad enough that he's 12 years older than her but now he's a cheater too! When will this girl learn?!" I read as I go further down the list.

"Bri, can you get me a towel?" Miles asks.

"Um, yeah. One second." I say. I look down at my phone again. They all think Miles is such a terrible person, what would they think of me? I push the thought away and get up, walking to the cupboard and grabbing a towel for Miles.

"Thanks babe." He says kissing me. "I love you." I fake a smile and nod before he closes the door. If only he knew.

There's a knock on the door. I look at the clock on the stove. They're a whole hour early.

"Coming!" I say. I look around at the buckets of cleaner I'm using strewn across the floor and the gloves on my hands. It's not like the apartment is dirty, I clean all the time because of my slight OCD and my stress over what's happening, I just needed something to do. I get up off the floor and answer the door, wiping my hair out of my face and getting soap on it in the progress.

"Hey guys." I say. They look at me and I look down at what I'm wearing. I have on some old capris and a tank top I've had forever. My hair is a ponytail and of course I have the bright yellow cleaning gloves on.

"Should we come back later?" Annika asks. I shake my head.

"No, it's fine. Come in." I reply opening the door further. They come in and I close the door behind them. "Sorry about the mess, I was just cleaning." I say. I pick up the things I was using to clean, Anzel helps pick up the ones that I leave behind once my arms are full. "Oh thank guys, you don't have to do that." I say.

"It's fine you need help." Ansel replies. I laugh.

"Well, thank anyways. Um, Miles is out at the store right now. He'll be back soon though." I put everything under the sink and turn back around to talk to them. "We can go sit at the table and drink some wine or something if you want." I say shrugging. They exchange a look and Ansel nods.

"I could go for some alcohol." He says wrapping his arms around Annika.

"Just juice for me." Annika says. I nod and they go into the dining room.

"Just juice Annika? What are you pregnant?" Her and Ansel share a look. "Oh my god!" I say. They laugh.

"Yeah, 3 months." Annika says, the grin spreading from ear to ear.

"Oh that's amazing!" I say. "Were you trying or did it just happen?"

"No, we weren't. It's still the most amazing thing ever though." Ansel says looking at Annika.

"Well you're going to be great parents." I say. "Have you found out the gender yet?"

"They gave us the option but we didn't want to know." Annika says. "I hope it's going to be a girl though."

"No way, we're having a little Ansel Jr." Ansel says.

"We're not naming our son Ansel Jr. If we are having a son." She replies.

"If who's having a son?" Miles asks, walking in unannounced.

"Ansel and Annika. Annika's pregnant." I say.

"Oh wow, congrats!" Miles says.

"Thanks," Ansel replies.

"Any ideas for the name?" Miles asks hanging his coat up, nearly tripping over the mop I left laying around.

"We actually brought this sonogram, from our last doctor's appointment." Annika says, pulling a paper out of her jacket pocket. "She's due August 15."

"He is due August 15." Ansel replies. Miles' and I roll our eyes and Annika hands me the paper. Miles stands over me, hands on each side of me as we look at the picture. His lips loom next to my ear and I feel so guilty again. This is the closest I've been to Miles since that night, and we share the same bed.

"Can't wait for the day that we have one of our own." He murmurs in my ear.

"Yeah." I reply. "Hey I'm going to finish mopping." I say standing up. "but congratulations." I say to Annika and Ansel. I go into the kitchen and pick up the bucket I was using to mop earlier.

"She still mad?" I hear Ansel ask before I walk into the other room.

"Yeah, I think so. Most of the time she won't even look at me." Miles replies.

"Well, you fucked up." Annika says.

"I know, but it's like there's something else. Something she won't tell me. All she does is mope around anymore." I walk out of the kitchen and feel their eyes on me as I walk over to the mop, not looking at them.

"Can you believe Annika and Ansel are having a kid? Seems like just yesterday you guys were still in high school." Miles says as we brush our teeth.

"Yeah, it's crazy to think that was six years ago!" I say spitting my toothpaste in the sink.

"And almost seven years ago I met the love of my life." Miles says wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head on my shoulder.

"Almost seven years ago." I say shaking my head. "Has it really been that long?"

"Yeah." He says. I laugh. Miles has been in my life for seven years now! Six years of nothing but love from him. How can I just pull away? I turn around and kiss him, putting as much passion as I can into it. "Wow, what's that for?" He asks.

"Are you going to ask questions or are you going to take advantage of it?" I ask. I don't give him the chance to answer. Instead I walk into our bedroom, Miles at my heels.