Chapter Seven

We slept at Miles' old house in Ketchum. I reach towards the phone on the night stand.

"Hello?" I mumble. Picking up the first thing I feel.

"Babe that's my shoe. " Miles says. "Don't worry I'll get it." He says picking up the phone and answering. "Hello?"

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's your grandma." I nod and hold out my hand. Miles puts the phone in my hands and lays back down wrapping his arms around me.

"What's up grandma?" I ask sinking deeper into Miles' warm embrace.

"You're late." I look at the clock. It's 6:30.

"For what?" I ask not wanting to get up.

"For Christmas morning. If you hurry and get here there might be cinnamon rolls left." I groan but get up anyways.

"Okay okay I'm coming." I say. I hang up and lay there for a second.

"Let me guess, we have to come over now. " He says. I nod. We get up, get dressed, and brush our teeth. I'm wearing a white sweatshirt and dark blue jeans. I fix my makeup and brush my hair. I put on my gray uggs. Then I walk outside. Even with my sweatshirt on it's cold so I hurry to the car, tripping on the way.

"You okay?" Miles asks getting out of the car and running towards me. I laugh and nod. He slips on the same patch of ice as I did and lands next to me. We laugh and I get on top of him and kiss him.

"We're the clumsy star crossed lovers." I say he laughs and brings his lips to mine. The sexual tension between us grows and I laugh awkwardly and try to get up. I fail and Miles ends up getting up and helping me to my feet.

"You are going to get cold. Here wear this." He says. He hands me a red leather jacket just like the one I love seeing him wear. He is also wearing that same jacket. "Merry Christmas. " He says I laugh and kiss him.

"Thank you. " I say. "This better be the only present you got me." He shakes his head and kisses me again.

"You know it isn't." He says. I laugh.

"Where are you guys going?" We turn around and see Theo and Shai in hiking boots and heavy winter coats.

"We're going to B's grandma's house for present opening and cinnamon rolls. Do you want to come? We got you guys presents you can just open them there if you want." Miles says. They exchange looks and nod.

"Yeah, sure." We go back inside and grab our presents and Theo and Shai do the same. We pack the trunk full and some in the back seat as well.

"I'll drive." I say. Miles shakes his head and grabs the keys.

"I'm driving."

"Do we have to do this every time we go somewhere? You drove the last several times it's my turn." He laughs.

"The guy drives that's just common knowledge." I give him the puppy dog eyes and stick out my bottom lip. He looks away. "No, I'm not falling for it this time. I am driving." Theo grabs the keys.

"I'll drive." He says unlocking the car and sitting in the driver's seat. Shai gets in the passengers seat. With all the presents in the car there is only one seat left in the back. Miles gulps and I laugh. Miles sits down and I sit on his lap. He puts the buckle around us and kisses me.

"Try not to take any big bumps Theo." Miles says I bite my lip trying not to laugh as Theo starts the car.

"I swear he hit every bump he could." Miles says swearing under his breath.