Chapter Fifteen

After a few weeks Miles and I have managed to sleep in the same bed again but we're not back to cuddling yet. I don't know for sure if we will ever get back to it. Yet tonight I'm expected to go out to this interview for my book holding Miles' hand smiling and laughing like everything is fine and we're just all happy go lucky. I'm going through the outfits the designers chose but I can't really find anything that can cover up that lie.

"Have you found something yet?" Miles asks.

"Not exactly." I reply looking behind me as Miles finishes buttoning up his shirt. He walks over to the hotel bed, we're staying in a hotel here in LA for a few weeks to do some interviews and a few book signings, where I've laid out the four designs and picks up a random outfit, handing it to me. He picked a black crop top with a galaxy design skirt.

"There, wear that." I roll my eyes and go into the bathroom to get dressed.
I quickly brush my hair out, not bothering to do much since I'll have hair and makeup at the studio. By the time I'm done with everything Miles is still trying to straighten the collar of his jacket. I walk over to him and help him. "I can straighten my own collar." He insists pushing my hands away.

"I was just trying to help." I reply bitterly, going back to the closet to find some heels. I put on my black heels and my black leather jacket. When I'm done I turn around to find him staring at me. I stare back, maybe we aren't as far from the old days as I thought.

"Can we go now?" He asks, interrupting my thoughts. I roll my eyes.

"What, no 'you look nice' or 'you're so beautiful'?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, you look so nice Brianna!" He says with sarcasm. "Can we go now?" I shake my head angrily and walk out the door, Miles at my heels. There's a limo out front waiting for us. The concierge opens the door for me and I smile, thanking him, and climbing in the dark vehicle. Miles follows suit and we sit on separate sides of the car. The entire drive to Ellen's studio is silent.

"How long do you think this thing will be?" Miles asks as the makeup artist applies my fake eyelashes.

"I don't know Miles, no more than an hour maybe a half an hour." I sigh. I feel like a parent telling their child a million times 'no Timmy we aren't there yet stop asking.' Miles groans and swivels around in his chair. "Oh my god Miles chill, it's not like you have anywhere else to be."

"You don't know that." He replies in a snarky tone.

"Where else could you possibly be going?" I ask.

"That's for me to worry about and you to ignore, like everything else." The makeup artist awkwardly sprays hairspray in my hair one last time.

"Um, I'm going to leave you guys to discuss this on your own. You're on in 10 minutes." She says as she awkwardly turns around and leaves the room.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I snap, getting out of my chair to glare at my fiancé.

"What the hell is wrong with me? Brianna nothing between us is right! We can't even stand to be in the same room as each other so why are we going to this stupid thing?"

"Because it's essential for my career Miles."

"Yeah, well it has nothing to do with me." I scream in response.

"Oh my god! Seriously? Are you serious right now? I have been to how many award shows and opening night premieres over the years and you have the nerve to say that to me?! Heaven forbid you do something for someone else's career!"

"Do not act like I've never done anything for your career! What about relocating for the last 6 years so that you could go to school or how about setting you up with this book publishing deal in the first place? I have been there for you for everything I think I deserve a fricking break for once!"