Chapter Six

~Brianna's Pov~

My bed isn't as comfortable as it was when I was in high school. Miles didn't come home until midnight last night. I was extrememly worried and sat on the couch watching Netflix until he got home. Today is Christmas Eve. Miles and I are going on a date and then later we are going to my grandparents house for family night. Every other Christmas Eve my family meets at my grandparents house to play board games. It's a wierd tradition but it sticks with us even when my aunt couldn't come a few years ago, we played Balderdash over Skype.

I sneak out of Miles' arms and go to the kitchen. I look through the contents of the fridge and deside on making myself a bowl of cereal. Jai walks in and makes himself a bowl of cereal sitting down next to me. It's really awkward between us and I find myself laughing. He looks at me and grins. I blush looking down.

"You excited for your big date?" Jai asks. I look at him confused. Miles and I are only going to a movie and then dinner. What is so big about it?

"Um yeah, it's not that big though." I say. Jai laughs and shakes his head. "Is it a big date?" I ask. Jai just nods. "Why, what's so big about it?" I ask.

"Well every date is important." He says. I give him a look that says I'm not buying it. He laughs. "Just wear something nice." I didn't get the results I wanted but I take it anyways. I grab my phone and sit on the edge of the bed dialing Shai's number.

"Hey Shai." I say once she answers the phone. Someone yawns but it's not Shai.

"What do you want? It's early in the morning." I look at the clock and roll my eyes. The voice is male.

"Theo? What are you doing answering Shai's phone. I called to talk to Shai it's really important. Can you put her on?" Theo groans.

"B, is something wrong." Miles asks groggily.

"No, no babe just go back to sleep." He sits up and kisses me on the cheek before walking to the kitchen, closing the door behind him.

"Look I know I'm hot but Miles is your babe not me." I roll my eyes. "And seriously do you have any idea how early it is in the morning?"

"Okay first of all I was talking to Miles. Second it's already 9:00 in the morning, and thrid I called to talk to Shai. This is Shai's phone."

"Yes, this is Shai's phone. However Shai went out for a hike and she forgot her phone. She won't be back until late this evening." I groan.

"But the date is tonight." Theo laughs.

"What's up Bri." Theo asks.

"Jai said to wear something nice to this date. I don't know why. We're just going to dinner and a movie. I need help on my wardrobe." I hear Theo laugh again.

"Look I'm no Shai but I've been hanging around her for a while now. I could help you, if you want."

"Um, I don't know Theo."

"Come on. I can do it. You come up with options send me a pic I'll tell you what's hot and what's not."

"Okay, but the outfit has to be cute yet casual and good for the winter. No dresses." I say. Theo laughs.

"I've got it. I do have to say though, Shai would not be happy about the no dresses rule." I know that she wouldn't without Theo pointing it out.

"Yeah I know she wouldn't but honestly I'm quite sick of dresses. I'll text you once I get to the mall." Theo laughs again. "Well I need to go. I'll text you." I hang up the phone and quickly get dressed in a pair of light blue skinny jeans with rips and a black t-shirt.