Wealth vs Royalty

M:I'm finally back, I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise on earlier, watt pad wasn't allowing me to see my own books so I couldn't write and I couldn't warn you as well, I'm sincerely sorry. I hope this makes up for it.

Alicia.

I couldn't do it, I couldn't hold on to the table. His words had pierced a bullet through me and it demanded for its momentum to be known.

I fell onto the floor.

Well now you know bullet, you hit me full force.

He walked up to me and I couldn't see hus face or expressions, I could only see his moving feet as my shock did not grant me access to looking above.

But that didn't matter as he assisted me by squatting down in front of me.

I stared into his unseething eyes and seemingly dark face. It was simply astonishing considering the fact that they were so caring just close to an hour ago.

He took my chin in his thumb and index and took a quick scan of my face.

"How could I not have recognised you ?"

I almost  mentally scoffed .

  It wasn't like wasn't like you tried to . People usually recognise people  if they try an inch bit .

"Why didn't you tell me ?"

He asked, his tone dangerously close to regret.

"Tell you what ?" My voice came out choked with annoyance .

"That I was pregnant, and I had no damn place to go ?" It came before I could stop  myself,  the tears seemed to be taking the same fate .

"Because I tried. I bloody tried too." I yelled loudly hoping to  god that I broke his eardrums.

But he seemed unfazed by it .

I half scoffed, half laughed into the airy night.

"But you arrogant son of a bitch, couldn't care lesser about the people who were not you or your property." I seethed out angrily.

I mentally scratched out all my cursing, which in normal circumstances, I would never have used. Except this wasn't normal circumstances this was Xavier Clarke.

He sighed defeatedly.

No don't do that, do a little bit of defending. I waited years for this, for you to defend yourself and say you didn't mean to, didn't want to.

"I'm sorry" he breathed out.

No,no I am not taking that. Whether it was anger or utter dissapointment of my own hopes that made the awaiting tears drop down, I didn't know but it did fall.

Suddenly he looked up all serious and withholding.

"I have taken Alec into my custody" he stated.

"You what?!" I basically  shouted into the night standing up sharply.

He got up calmly, his look ready to face any of my vicious statements.

"He is in my mansion as of the moment" he said.

"So that's why we left Nevada, so you could kidnap my son" I whispered to myself hating myself for leaving him behind.

"Why did you take him?he isn't yours to give and take as you please." I stated venomously  jabbing at his stonehearted chest with each word.

"He didn't resist a slight bit" he simply quipped staring me deep in the eyes.

His statement though harmless in the ears shut me up instantly.

He knew what he was doing when he said what he said.

He threw a smart comeback at all my words without having to say more than a sentence.

"He doesn't know what he's doing. How could he? He's only six. He's not old enough" I stammered back.

"But he knows what he wants " he clapped back.

"And he wants a father." He finished off.

I slumped in almost defeat.

I knew that. I knew that all too well. I had always known it. And always dreaded it.

He wished and dreamed way too deeply about his father and he couldn't have had the heart to reject him even for me.

It stung a bit too deeply for something that was bound to happen.

"He needs a father, Alicia. Stop denying him that opportunity." He half yelled to make his point.

"He needs a mother" he yelled back.

"He has you". He snapped.

I stopped every movement possible.

"And what he doesn't have is me" he ended off.

"And whose fault is that?" I breathed out  already tired of loosing the argument.

"Alicia" he sighed.

At that moment, I hated myself. Hated the way his calling of my name, my own name made pleasurable sparks run down my spine.

He stepped closer to  me and although my self cautious screamed back, my body seemed attracted to his and I didn't seem to be able to move.

6 years! 6 years had passed by and I still couldn't resist him.

"Give me one chance" he said out pleadingly.

And I knew I was a goner.

"Just a chance to prove to you, prove to Alec that I can be there, and I will be there" he said staring me deep in the eyes filling me with emotion.

For a C.E.O, he could sure do well  in the acting industry.

Whether he was sincere or not, I couldn't know. Couldn't even guess.

But I couldn't do it, couldn't accept his offer for a second chance.

Because I couldn't loose my son to him, couldn't bear to watch Alec love him more than he did, maybe I was selfish and was being unfair to Alec and Xavier. But I deserved to be selfish for once in my life, right?

Right?

"No" I bit my tongue to say.

And the he laughed, a short hysterical laughter.

"You said it yourself did you not?. I couldn't care lesser about issues that did not involve me nor my properties."

My forehead creased in confusion of his words.

"Therefore as of now, You ,Alicia Parker as well as my son belong to me and I shall be solely responsible for you" he claimed.

Oh no, whether he hit his head or he was just drunk, I wasn't going to let him think he could make me his...

I wasn't going to let that happen even if it meant a battle between wealth and royalty.