What are you up to?

Alicia.

"Alec. Sophia said she'll be here in fifteen minutes. So please be good until then. I have to go now. Please don't do anything......." I said to Alec wondering if leaving him here was the right thing to do.

"Of course mummy. I'll be fine. You can go ahead. "

"You promise?"

"Yes I promise." He said smiling.

I breathed a sigh of relief getting up and walking towards the door never missing a chance to turn back and wave ever second.

I finally walked out of the door.

I looked ahead at the the car parked out front and sighed.

Here I go.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

New York, what a beauty!. I smiled to myself looking outside the windows of Xavier's car.

I didn't know why I was the only one who left on this trip with Xavier but I didn't bother to ask. All though the aeroplane ride. I only kept on thinking about Alec, nothing else flooded my mind. I only spoke once when the flights attendants asked me if I wanted anything. I didn't speak any other time. Immediately we landed at the airport I called and was welcomed with the sweet voice of my lovely son. I spoke to Sophia as well and I also didn't say anything about her not arriving home the night before. Even though it was quite strange, it seemed like she didn't want to talk about or she would have mentioned it so I stayed quiet.

My heart was finally at ease and I could take in the beauty of my surroundings and that was why I was sitting at the backseat of Xavier's neat looking Bentley, staring at the busy night of New York.

My thoughts about the wonderful New York was cut off by Xavier's call on the phone. This is like the umpteenth time he is on a call today. I rolled my eyes little bit annoyed that his call crashed my thoughts.

He cut the call and turned around at me.

"The company that offered us a business deal is having a launch party for one of their new products tommorow.And they want me to attend."

How has that got anything to with me? I almost comment.

He went on ahead to say.

"And I want you to come with" He  said.

A party? With Xavier? No absolutely not.

"Can I not attend?. I would look very much out of place in a formal setting" I asked as calmly as I could come.

"No." He answered plainly.

Xavier Clarke. I simply despise you and your ego.

I drilled holes at the back of his head as he sat there on the shotgun.

We soon arrived at the the Langham hotel, New York.

Wow was the only thing that came across my head.