40

"SURPRISE!"

The whole room erupted into a cheering crowd of clapping and party poppers that made Mark clutch his chest and his eyes widen in shock and mingled joy.

"Wow! This is wonderful!" He yelled out, for a respectable, 'manly' man he was near breaking point of tears as he stared at his family in awe. "Wow."

Andy patted his back and guided him further into the room as Mark looked over each face.

His aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings, his parents and in laws and his smiling wife. And most of all, his four kids. All four of them in one room- he hadn't been this happy since Christmas.

"Happy birthday love." Dotty kissed her son's cheek and he smiled at her "cheers Mam.....and thank you all for this."

"You're welcome. Happy birthday dear." Bonnie took her turn hugging him before Luke and Sophie both ploughed into him and squeezed his tightly.

Simon's nerves peaked as Mark finished greeting his other family members and his eyes fell onto Will and Liv. His eyes did water slightly but he hid it well enough. "You two didn't need to come all the way up just for me." He sighed.

"Off course we did dad." Will replied as he man-hugged their father. "What Will said." Liv joked letting him hug her tightly before she pulled away and kissed his cheek. "Happy birthday dad."

"Cheers love....really."

"Dad there's someone I want you to meet." She then stepped aside and Simon was stood, face to face with her father.

And without any words shared, mark stuck out a hand. "Well put it there son.....welcome to the family."

Nobody was expecting that.

SweetOlive:

SweetOlive: Happy birthday to my absolute rock

SweetOlive: Happy birthday to my absolute rock. Dad you have been half of my amazing support system, my best friend and my protector since day one. Being the eldest girl, I know I'll never be the biggest daddy's girl like Sophie- but I'm a close second. You're the greatest dad anyone could ask for. And you're all that and only 50! Wow! I love you. I hope you had the best day. Also big up my mam who organised this kick ass party for you. Hope you enjoy xxx

WillNE: he is our dad too, what's with the baby photo of only you?

^SweetOlive: find one of yourself then you can post that 🙄

Wroe2shore: Whey! Happy birthday Mark!

^SweetOlive: still hate that you call my dad that.

SophieTrophy: I was no where near existing in that first photo.

^LukeL: same 😂

KSI: ayo! @Miniminter7  how did it go meeting the parents?

^Miniminter7: well thanks man

^Zerkaa: lucky arsehole.

^SweetOlive: @freyanightingale 🤦🏻‍♀️ men