Chapter 8

Copyright © 2013 misscowgirlup22

Chapter 8

              "Something smells great." Brent said that night after he'd walked into the house.

              Anna smiled shyly at him. "I made beef stroganoff with salad and French bread. Cassie said it was your favorite."

              "It is Cassie hasn't made this in forever." He grabbed her wrist lightly and grinned at her. "Thanks."

              Tingles shot up Anna's body and coursed through the rest of her body. "Cassie should be back any minute with the French bread and then we can eat."

              Just as Anna finished speaking the front door closed. Both Brent and Anna left the kitchen to see who it was. Neither was shocked when they saw Cassie standing in the living room with a loaf of French bread in her hands.

              Cassie walked over and handed Anna the loaf of bread. "Sorry guys I didn't think it would take that long to get all the supplies we needed from town."

              It hadn't honestly taken that long but she didn't want them to know that she and Clint had gone to lunch and browsed the shops for a little while.

              "No problem, we were just waiting for you to come home before we began eating." Anna said with an understanding look on her face. Anna had her suspicions on why it had taken Cassie so long in town. Brent had no clue of course that his baby sister was dating one of the ranch hands. She'd have to talk to Cassie about Clint when they were out on their little adventure in town.

              Brent just stood in the living room watching Cassie and Anna chat. "Hey, little sis you might want to go wash up as well before we eat."

              Cassie nodded and walked into the small bathroom located next to the office.

              While they waited for Cassie to wash up Anna cut the bread. Brent helped by setting the bowls of food on the table.

              When Cassie walked back into the little dining area in the kitchen they started to dish out the food.

              "Wow, Anna this is great." Brent said as he smiled at her. Cassie nodded her head in agreement with her brother since her mouth was full.

               A little bit of a blush formed on Anna's cheeks. "Thank you it's a family recipe that my grandmother passed down to me."

              From then on the conversation revolved around everyone's days and how the ranch was doing. Once Brent mentioned Clint's name and Cassie face little up a little and her eyes softened as she thought about Clint.

              Anna noticed the change in Cassie's expression, Brent just kept talking as if everything was normal, and his sister wasn't turning into a pile of mush beside him. Anna was most definitely going to have to talk to Cassie and get the scoop on her relationship with Clint.

              Once dinner was finished Brent offered to help with the dishes but Cassie and Anna shooed him away. Cassie and Anna fell into a pattern, Anna washed while Cassie dried.

              "While I was cooking I was thinking about our little outing and I remembered how the other day you said Fridays were the busiest days of the week around her so I thought we could have our girl's day on Thursday." Anna said in a quiet tone so that they wouldn't disturb Brent while he watched the football game on TV.