Chapter 14

Copyright © 2013 misscowgirlup22

Chapter 14

              "I wish you guys could stay longer. I've really enjoyed getting to know you both." Anna smiled at Brent's parents as they got ready to leave for Wyoming.

              Denise smiled at Anna and gave her a hug. "We'll miss you, too, but we'll be back in a month for Christmas. At least that is if my son hasn't run you off yet."

              Brent let out a groan and started after his mother. "Really mom, really."

              Bill decided to break in now. "Denise was that really necessary? Couldn't you just leave the poor boy alone?"

              Cassie and Anna were huddled together to the side giggling to themselves.

              Denise playfully smacked Bill's arm. "Of course not. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't embarrass my kids?"

              A goofy grin appeared on Brent's face. "The good kind."

              "Oh, you hush up." She lightly smacked him on the arm. "Now why don't you give your mother a hug?"

              Brent reluctantly moved into her arms and then he gave Denise a bone crushing hug. "I love you ma'."

              "Oh, I love you, too son. No give you father a hug, or whatever you men do."

              As Brent moved to give his father a manly hug, Denise moved toward Cassie and Anna.

              First Denise approached Cassie and gave her a hug. As they were holding each other Denise spoke, "I love you so much Cass. Don't let anyone get you down. I know you loved that boy, but he's not worth it if all he's doing is hurting you and bringing you down."

              Cassie nodded her headed slowly at her mother while her eyes were glazed over with fresh tears ready to spill at a moment's notice. Denise kissed her on the cheek and then she walked over to Anna.

              "I know my son is going to love you, just give him a little time." Denise whispered in her ear so that no one else could hear her. "I know you're halfway in love with him, too."

              There was a look of shock on Anna's face after Denise finished whispering in her ear. "How did you know? Did I show any signs? Oh, goodness don't tell Brent, I don't want him to freak out. We haven't known each other that long." By the end she was rambling and Denise was having a hard time keeping up with her.

              "Don't worry I won't tell him. Be good you're already like a daughter to me." Denise paused unsure if she should continue. "He's more stubborn than anyone I know. He's going to think that he's not deserving of your love, but just give him time. He'll believe you someday, okay?"

              Anna nodded taking in all of the information that she was told. "Thank you for being a mom to me."

              "No problem, just remember everything I told you." Denise hugged her one last time and then she headed over to her husband and her son.

             "What was that all about?" Brent asked, he and his father both had curious looks on their faces.

              "Nothing for you to worry about." Denise turned towards her husband. "Let's get going, we need to get back to Wyoming. As they head to their car they waved at all of the kids. Because that's what they all were they were their kids. No matter if they shared the same blood or bound by blood, both of those things would come soon enough. Or that's at least what Denise thought.