Drunk in Love (Drabble)

Ways to say I love you: drunken admiration

"Y'know there's glitter on your face, right?"
"Yeah I know. It's called highlighter."
"Like the markers?"
"No, like the makeup."

Shawn lapses into silence for a moment. "You're so beautiful, y'know? Like really really beautiful."
Despite the slight slur on the words, I still find myself blushing. "Go to sleep, Shawn." I try again to remove his hand from where it's loosely wrapped around my wrist so I can drive. He refuses to budge.

"It's true. And I don't wanna go to sleep," he groans, dragging out the 'e's in 'sleep'.
"What do you want to do then?" I sigh, pulling up to a red light and turning to face him for a second. Shawn's curls are standing atop his head and there's a splattering of neon paint on his nose that I saw Brian throw at him earlier. Despite his less than put together appearance, there's a goofy smile on his face.

"Shots," Shawn answers, eyes closing despite his eager tone.
"I think you're drunk enough, baby," I hum, driving forward once again at the green light.
"Drunk in love," he corrects, lazily pointing finger guns at me. "Y'know, like that Beyoncé song."
I roll my eyes as he proceeds to serenade me for a minute or so, taking create licence and incorporating the single ladies' dance into the performance.

"You're not a single lady though, right?" He stops suddenly, eyebrows furrowed as he turns in his seat to fully look at me. His grip on my wrist tightens ever so slightly before it relaxes as he runs his thumb over my hand.
"No, sweetheart. I'm not."
He immediately relaxes into the seat, eyes closing contentedly. "Good, good."

A few minutes pass before his eyes wrench open again. "You do mean you're not a single lady because you're my girlfriend, right?"
"Right, Shawn." I hold back a smile, grabbing his hand for a second and squeezing before returning mine to the steering wheel.
He hums happily, watching the streetlights as they pass by and illuminate his chestnut eyes for seconds at a time, exposing the wonder lying within.

Just as I think he has finally dropped off to sleep and I'm turning into his driveway, he mumbles one final thing.

"'M so lucky."

This time I can't hold back my smile as I park the car and press a light kiss to his hand. "So am I."

- - - - - -

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading xx

Shawn Mendes Imagines जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें