II : LONDON'S FOUR HORSEMEN

PARTNERS IN CRIME;
act 1, chapter 2

by _amaranthine02

•●•●•●•

The dump truck made its way to London. It was about time they passed atop of London Bridge, quiet and empty as ever in the very early morning.  

Eron was still asleep for the whole trip. Buddy whimpers, desperatley licking and sniffing to regain his consiousness. Finally, He began to stir awake.

He peeked on the truck's little curtain with Buddy. Looking around and gasping when he saw the certain fountain clearly similar to the one in the picture.

The truck skids on a stop, Eron and Buddy dropping by the park gates and ran towards it. 

I made it to London after all. Regent's park.

Eron looks back in fright, sniffing.

But no tea,

"It's all my fault, Buddy." His voice breaks.

No mum.

"I never should've gone in."

I was an orphan.

Eron sobbed, facing the large, marble fountain pouring like his tears.

He reached for his neck, for his necklace at least, to find that it was missing. "My necklace,", he stuffed his hand inside his blazer pocket. He finally came to the truth that it was gone. The only piece of remembrance from his mother, gone, just like her.

He cried again, Buddy whimpers in sadness along with him.

Sad story.

Genius boy turns into stupid boy who gets his mother killed. And ends up alone.

•●•

It was finally morning, Eron's eyes fluttered awake only to see a little dog with an eye covered swimming in the fountain water.

But a new day brings more opportunities. Or at least a couple of petty thieves.

Horace,

A boy, with a strainer and ladle stood directly in the fountain with wet feet. He was fishing the coins that were thrown by people in the water.

Jasper,

"Sir, please could you spare some change?" Another boy, begged for the man in a trench coat. He only passed him by with an apology, but his hands caught into his pocket that contained a leather wallet. He dumped it in his hat.

Eron closed his eyes again, pretending he was asleep, a certain girl walked towards him with curious eyes.

...and sweet (Y/n).

The girl sits on the edge of the fountain, taking a close look at the boy. "Morning."

Horace moves closer and stared at Buddy, growling at him. Eron gasped and stood up. "Stay back!"

Jasper, who had heard the commotion walked closer to the scene. Eron kicks Horace backwards, making him fall nearly to the water.

'Horace was generally annoying.'