V : IMPRESSED, HUH?

PARTNERS IN CRIME;
act 1, chapter 5

by: _amaranthine02

•●•●•●•

(Y/n) treats Eron to a small stroll downtown in their sunday day off. She thought it would be some sort of thing to celebrate for them two without spending any money.

They walked in the slightly crowded streets that filled with at ton of boutiques and stores. (Y/n) humming a tune and Eron's hands stuffed in his pocket.

In the streets, a store catches the duo's eyes, well basically, the front window.

The Baroness' red dress, gorgeously wore by the mannequin.

•●•

The shopkeeper stops on hitting the vent with a heeled shoe as he heard the front bell tinkle. Seeing the boy and girl walk inside.

He looks back at them with an "Oh." before going down from the chair.

"Welcome to Second Time Around, my name is Artie or Art as in, 'work of' ."

"Wow." (Y/n) breathed. "You look amazing."

Artie sighs, "I hear that all day, so I guess its true."

"How does that look go on the streets?" Eron asks, crossing his arms.

"Mmm, some abuse and insults of course. But I like to say that normal is the cruelest insult of them all and at least I never get that."

Eron nods, a satisfied sigh on his lips. "I couldn't agree more."

"Look around Cinderella, Prince Charming. I have everything a girl or boy could ever want. Lovers or soon to be?"

(Y/n) chuckled, "Nope. Friends."

"Yeah, friends." Eron repeats as he looks around.

Artie pulls the dress that was hung from the side, showing it to them. "Dior, 1955. Amazing.", he points out.

(Y/n) looks at the dress, touching the fabric. Artie moves from another dress to show them. The shopkeeper was about to introduce the dress, but Eron already knew what it was.

"Chanel, 1950. Spring Collection."

Artie slips his fingers over the fabric of the dress, "Ah, you know your gowns."

(Y/n) laughs, "We are going to be very good friends, Artie."

"Baroness, '65, in the window. Winter Collection." He shows the blood red dress that caught their eye from before.

(Y/n) crossed her arms, looking at the ravishing dress shining in front.

●•●

The Baroness made her entrance inside the worker's office. All the well-suited guards right behind her. She dramatically points to the table where Eron and (Y/n) sat.

"Grubby boy, bring me lunch." Eron's head turned to her. "Soy salmon, lemon-zest risotto, cucumber sliced into two-inch diagonals at an eighth of an inch width, sprinkled with seven leaves of parsley, shredded, not torn."