XII : KEY TO A HORRIBLE REVELATION

PARTNERS IN CRIME;
act 3, chapter 12

by:_amaranthine02

•¤•¤•¤•

preferred song for this chapter:

afterglow - taylor swift

•¤•¤•¤•

Cameron woke from his slumber groggily at the moment he felt several, uncomfortable licks of a dog we're on his cheek.

He groans as Buddy rubs his furry body onto his stomach. Completley shocked in the current state he was at.

Slight whistles of the tea kettle, the unfamilliar lighting and the couch he was sitting in. He was confused and lost at where he was headed. He must've probably be in Hell after the Baroness' arson, but instead, here he was in a calm-little house where he gently sleeps to it like it was just something out of a terrible nightmare.

Or maybe this was really hell.

"What?.. (Y/n)?"

He calls in slight panic. Looking side-to-side in the living room to find the girl. Even more panic rushed to him when it showed no signs of her presence in the room. Grabbing his black coat in a hurry.

Just then, a man walks into the room with a tray of food, a kettle with tea, and a few cups.

Cameron coveres himself in suspiscion. Looking at him with a glare. He remembers this man from the Black and White ball. The one who siezed his cane. And the man who also caught him in the Baroness' winter collection ball when he was twelve. John, was his name as he remebered.

"Tea, sir Cameron?" Says he.

"Where is (Y/n)?" Cameron sat up from the couch, quickly slipping his arm into the sleeve of the coat.

"She went for a walk in the early morning, a breathe of fresh air to think was all much she needed. "

Cameron closed his eyes, the heaviness of his heart faltered with a wave of relief. Then, sudden question in his mind struck him once again.

"Why am I alive?"

The man patiently stood, "Well, she and I dragged you out from the smoke and flames before they consumed you. With the help of the dogs, of course."

'That clever girl.' He thought. Cameron brings Buddy on his side like he was his emotional support dog. A bit shuddered over what had happened.

John walked to the table to place the tray. Sitting by Cameron's side on the chair with a small grunt.

"I have something for you."

His hand went into his back pocket to take a white fabric. Cameron watches closely when he unravels it.

And in there was his red necklace. The object slightly tinkled as the man held it up.

"You found it." Cameron asks, his face in a quite angry expression.

"In the fire." He stated. "I can assure you it's been, uh, thoroughly bleached."