XIV : IN THE MEMORY / ERON'S LAST STAND

PARTNERS IN CRIME;

act 3, chapter 14

by: _amaranthine02

•¤•¤•¤•

(Y/n) placed the folded newspaper she was reading in the mahogany kitchen table. Her face scrunched up, quite disturbed from the mourning articles of her and Cameron's death, which we're countless given by the daily press.

London's Fashion industry was entirely devastated about their disappearances. They really did made a huge impact over the course of their reigns, even it was only countable when they showed up. The news was even scattered to different countries.

Questions about how the Baroness' feeling about their death we're piping hot like her coffee radiating from the porclain cup to her hand.

She walked away to the small lounge area, casually sipping on her coffee.

There she saw Buddy sitting on a cushioned chair, looking outside the opened window with translucent curtains flowing in the movement of the cold air outside. The dog was simply staring without any particular movement besides his tail.

Intrigued, (Y/n) moved close to the dog, petting his curly brown fur which he replied with a happy whine, a wag in his tail and a look of excitement to her.

She eyes turned outside the window, and there he was. Almighty Cameron, looking at the picturesque view of the buildings and houses in the afternoon. Wind lightly blowing his hair where its tiny strands danced gracefully.

She slips on the tiny window to get to him. Giving a small apology at the small dog behind.

When she looked up, it was like Cameron would've sparkled brighter than the sun with his grin. He taps his hand to the empty space beside him, offering it to her.

(Y/n) made her way beside him, Cameron sneaking his cold hand to her warm one. Both of them looked at the view from their sides.

"Big night." (Y/n) speaks.

"Indeed it is."

She turns around to face him with stern eyes. "You sure about this, Cameron?"

He nods.

"Look, i'm being serious."

"You're cute when you are."

(Y/n) playfully rolls her eyes as a grin starts to develop on her face. Contagious when Cameron's gaze came in contact with it.

"Look, I know you're in pain."

Cameron simply hummed.

"And I know she caused it, but..." (Y/n) points her thumb to the view, as if it would directly point to the Baroness. "Killing her is not going to make that go away."

Cameron shakes his head several times. "I wont. I promise"

"Cool. Okay, groovy."