TOGETHER

"Are you both staying in different rooms?" He asks, his piercing gaze glaring at you two while you hold your breath in fear.

But why were you afraid? Because of dad? No. Because of Jungkook? Yes. What if he responds and gets mad for no reason. He and his anger is not a thing you can control or you want to.

Jungkook wets his lower lip, thinking about an excuse while his soft eyes search for a signal from you. But to his surprise, he didn't get any. It was rare to find you clueless and have no answer to situations like these. Or to say he was used to seeing you handling everything on your own from his family to your family, from ditching honeymoon plans by making perfect excuses to handling his moods… everything was well handled by you. He doesn't know why but if he looks back, it was just you who dealt with every question of his mom and dad related to you two, about people talking about your relationship and there's no way he can blame you now for being clueless, he understands your weakness is your dad, just like how is Sarang.

"Dad… actually I sleep late watching or playing video games and y/n fail to get proper sleep…" your dad cuts his perfect excuse, making you look at them.

"Son, I am her dad and your father in law. Don't lie to me. I am way older than you," he remarks, his eyes asking many things from you.

'Why did you lie?'

'Why did you make him believe that you two love each other when it's not the case?'

'Is it that hard to fall for someone in four months? And if it's then why don't you try harder?'

'Because in the end, it's always a woman who needs to work harder on the relationship…'

You knew he was mad, to be precise, disappointed in you. He never thought you would stop trying this easily. But who's gonna tell him that you never tried? That you don't want to try… just because he loves someone else and has someone else in his arms. 

"Dad…" he cuts you too. 

"I don't understand this generation. Why is it so hard to love your spouse?" he taunts perfectly, breaking your heart with his words.

Jungkook sits there processing your dad's words. His eyes tried to read your expression but he found none. You sit there, quietly while your eyes dug in the bowl mindlessly.

He didn't have words in his mug. How could he? What will he say that, that he is still stuck over his ex and you just married for your dad's sake? He doesn't even know if you would ever fall in love with him?

He wishes he could read you. For the world, for everyone, you were like an open book who had her goals straight from settling up the company, treating her father, living a good married life with Jungkook but only you knew and now somewhere Jungkook too, that you didn't have this goal. He knows you yearn for something more than all of this, especially living life with him. 

He knows he is nowhere in your future but the question was does he wish to be? He will lie again saying it's just sexual tension but does the subconscious mind lie? No. We say the heart is the organ which makes us feel things and love, directs us to the person we love and feel safe with but here Jungkook wanted to ignore everything said by his heart and disapprove, hearing his brain. Surely, he knows it will or it is ruining things but he can't afford to let go of Sarang. 

"I… Dad we both are trying and we are knowing each other before we jump into the husband, wife relationship, we want to take things slow," you answer, blurting out the exact words you memorized. Your dead eyes met with Jungkook's soft gaze for a second before you divert your attention to your dad.

"Okay. Do what you want, what you like. But you need to shift to your husband's room. See, honey. Being together creates a special bond between partners. And the love increases…" he explains as you stare at him. Jungkook was like a statue sitting over there and hearing everything but having nothing to say.