JIMIN

As the dark clouds start separating, the sun rays start peeking through the grey curtains while the wind blows making the room chilled.

You murmur a few things in sleep, stretching your joints as you squint your eyes before opening them… but! Wait!! 

Did you see Jungkook? Your eyes shot open seeing him so close while his hands draped around your waist, gently tugging on it and his face very close to your neck making you squirm due to his hot breath.  

"Ahh!! You pervert!" You yell, kicking him off the bed but end up meeting the ground by yourself. 

"Ouch!" You cry, yelping in pain while you caress your ass. Your eyes travel to his form as he wriggles in his sleep due to your push. But does he budge? No.

"What's wrong early in the morn?" He groans, rubbing his eyes as you glare at him with narrowed eyes. 

"Why did you bring me to the bed?" You ask, getting up while he opens his eyes. A smile creeps on his edges seeing you on his bed. But why? He still doesn't know. Why was it so difficult?

"Pervert," you mutter and are about to leave when he speaks.

"Because you were uncomfortable on the couch, y/n. And you might have got neck pain. I didn't want that to happen. Don't worry, I didn't touch you and I promise I'll never," he says, his voice showing his sincerity while you nod and escape out of his room. You didn't want to look at him, no. So you just left like that. 

"Here," you smile and place the dinner on the table. Jungkook enters the area, bringing the soup in his soft palms. 

It's been more than two weeks since your dad shifted with you both and to say the situation is the same won't be wrong. His condition isn't improving as said by a doctor, and now somewhere you were losing all your hopes too. Good thing was that nothing was worsening, which gave you some hope. 

Your relationship with Jungkook was the same. As said by him, living together or not doesn't have to mean that you both will get close. He comes home late often due to his work. As you know his workload has increased as his dad declared that Jungkook will take the CEO position next week. Meanwhile, you are caught up in your work so much that you don't have time to indulge in talking to him. 

"Y/n?" Your dad's voice brings you out of the long chain of thoughts as you look at him surprised.

"Pass me some radish pickle," he says, pointing at the pickle and smiling sheepishly while you nod and pass the bowl to him. 

Jungkook takes a large bite of food, chewing it slowly while his gaze follows your form.

'Why do you think so much? What do you think so much?' He wonders, forgetting that he was staring at you.

"Jungkookah… I heard you are taking the CEO position next week," your dad starts a conversation while Jungkook nods, his mouth still full of food making him look like a bunny. That small pout looks cute on him. You sigh and look away before losing your sanity.

"Yes. At last it's happening!" He giggles, looking over you while he finds you silent. And now when he thinks his smile drops off that corner as he is reminded of how he married you for that position… just for that position so he can get Sarang.

But does he want Sarang now? No. He was clear about it… he was, right? He didn't want the past to come back, he thinks that. But will he really push the past when it arrives? He will, he says that. 

The shame of compelling you to live in guilt for marrying him just for sake of your dad while he did the same, marrying you for company eats him up. He wants to tell you, apologise that he is sorry for doing this and making you guilty for those things. But he doesn't do that. He didn't have the courage. Coward. Thinking, you'll leave from his life sooner he assumes that there's no point of letting you know.