INVITATION TO PAIN

Jimin's call somehow saved you from Rose's questions and you were more than thankful to him.

As the day ends you take a bus to your home. Rose left for her friend's birthday party direct from the cafe, meaning it was only you over the dinner. 

You weren't that hungry hence you decided to skip the dinner. Heading to your bedroom you changed your clothes and got freshen up. 

8:59

You sighed checking the time. You didn't have much work so you decided to complete your assignments. You are studying graphic design and as the summer holidays are up, you get extra time to work at the cafe. As you sit on your bed along with your tablet and stencil, you start with the assignment. 

Halfway to it, your eyes start getting heavy as you begin to doze off. You are this lazy whenever any assignment is allotted but that can't change the fact that you were sleep deprived and nutrition deprived. You hardly ate anything or slept. 

How could you sleep when everything haunted you? When your skin and brain is on alert for every damn minute, fearing… fearing that if you sleep that demon might come back.

How could you eat when all you wished was to die? You hated yourself. You hated how you are. You hated how you look. You hated how your skin looks. 

At least eat something now, please…

His voice makes you open your eyes instantly while your heart catches the fastest speed you know. He still haunts you… Jeon Jungkook still haunted you. He was still in you, by you… with you. 

You dip your head in your legs, hiding yourself while a faint glance of your face in the mirror makes you stare at yourself. What have you become? A girl who used to talk, fight back was now timid and scared. 

The scar Rose mentioned gets exposed a little as you get up and walk over to it. Your slender fingers slide over the wide scab you hiss a little in pain. Tears brim in your eyes as you glare at the skin from the mirror.

It deserves to be treated like this…

You slip your nail more inside the wound, making your lips shut tightly in a pin while tears roll down your eyes. It hurts but it was what you liked. Pain. You were born to feel pain and nothing else. People were meant to leave your life and nothing else. 

Don't hurt yourself, please…

His voice again buzzes in your ear making you whimper silently. It's been four years but his voice, his memories, everything was still new and fresh just like this wound. 

Why do you still haunt me? Why don't you leave me alone? Why can't I live just with your memories? Why can't I hate you? Why do your memories hurt? Why do I need you knowing how much you hurt me? Why is your dream not enough to spend my whole life? What have you done Jeon Jungkook!!?

Why? Just… why!!!

You slip down the mirror resting your head over it while tears stream down your blurry gaze. Everything is still hard. It's been three years of that horrendous incident but it still tears you and your skin every minute… it still haunts you. And you just wish you could hide somewhere… maybe in his arms where he would protect you, maybe in the coffin where no one would ask anything.

Funny of you to wish for a betrayer's arms!

"Jungkook, your mom called and asked for you?" Mina mutters, fiddling with her tender fingers while Jungkook removes his shoes. He nodded without glancing at her. 

"I'll talk to her. And I hope you didn't dare to talk to her about my health and all," his sharp glare lands on her form as she flinches at sudden eye contact. She gulps hard and nods slowly. She was appointed to take care of his health, and the house which was abandoned by Jungkook since you left but the man never allowed her to take care of him or his health.