SECRETS-1

The next day rolls down as slow as picking up the grains of soil from the desert. Jungkook watched the sunrise as always, being sleep deprived. He would lie if his steps didn't ask him to run down the streets and reach that cafe again. You always haunted him but now he didn't even breathe any second without you. You were everywhere. 

While you laid on the hospital bed, probably getting some sleep after years. At least passing out in the bathroom brought you to the hospital where you were drugged to sleep. But that didn't end your miseries, collapsing naked is going to bring many more griefs than you thought you already had.

Jungkoon sighed in frustration as he had no intention of visiting Mr Choi's house. He didn't dislike the Choi family, he just wanted to hide from everyone at the moment. After gathering his whole strength he headed to the address mailed to him. The sun was taking over the sky, turning the soft rays of the morning into the heated ones. As he reaches the house, he is welcomed warmly. Mr Choi was not only his dad's good friend but also invested in many projects of Jeon firms, leading their family relations to get stronger. 

Also, Jungkook and Mark were once best friends when Mark completed his undergraduate degree from Seoul University. Then they lost touch due to workload, Jungkook's heartbreak, his marriage and whatnot. And as he is going to meet his old friend, he wishes he is happy with the marriage. 

Jungkook chatted unconsciously with his friend's mom and dad while all he wished was to take a fcking cab and reach that damn cafe. Mark soon joined them and seeing Jungkook's state he rescued him from the place. 

"It's good to see you again," Mark pointed, his heart feeling hurt as he felt dumped by Jungkook. Mark always loved his close ones dearly and when Jungkook started pushing him away after his breakup with Sarang, Mark couldn't help but feel angry and disappointed. 

"I am sorry," Jungkook admitted, he needed to apologize before he hurt more people. Mark chuckled hurtfully before slapping Jungkook's arm.

"You really thought I would hold grudges against you till now? Kook, you were my best friend and it was great to know you. The time we spent was best and let's not make it worse by talking about the bad days. You are here to attend my wedding… let's enjoy it," Mark smiled warmly, forgiving his friend while Jungkook felt more and more terrible about himself. 

He hurt everyone and still people loved him.

'I don't deserve this love! Please… please tell me that you hate me, that you'd despise me… but don't say it's okay, that you all still love me,'

Shrugging his demonic thoughts taking over him, he pushed his edges to form a forced smile. 

"Are you happy with the marriage?" Jungkook asked. He knows the marriage was contract-based and for the two companies' sake and since he knows how badly it breaks two people, he wished his friend to be at least happy with it.

"Yeah. I guess we are. She has a boyfriend while I love someone else too. We have our own agreement that we'll never indulge in each other's matters unless it's for company or family sake," the man sighs, making Jungkook look in the future as he knows there will come a point where all four will be left heartbroken, miserable. 

"Do you think it's justice to the ones you love?" He asks, turning around to pull the cigarette and light it up. The intoxicating smell of the death stick surrounded them as he sucked on the cigarette to get away with his thoughts. 

"They are okay with it as long as we don't fck each other. And I am okay as long as everyone is happy," Mark concluded, making Jungkook look at him. He didn't hold any position to advise them and he already poked a doubt string in Mark's heart, so it was better not to drag the topic and hurt him.