Chapter 14: The Honor in a New Chapter

So.....I sort of forgot this existed......

*extends rotten tomato for reader to throw at the author*

For anyone who stuck with the story, you are freaking amazing and I wish I had the kind of patience and perseverance you do. 

Also, over 8.5K reads???? Ummmmm. That's insane. It's absolutely incredible.

Thank you for all of the encouragement, love, and support on this story. You mean more than you will ever know.

A few things:

As of right now, I am not going to guarantee regular updates, or a set amount of words to each one ( I usually try for a certain amount). But I am going to say that I intend to have some sort of ending for this story.

To that end....here ya go:

The minute Celia's eyes closed everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief. How such a small person could have so much energy they would never understand. It had take a lot to tucker her out: shadow puppets, two dance contests(which Celia, and Celia won respectively), a projector screening of Frozen(Finn came prepared), and a unauthorized game of "who can sing 'Do You Want To Build A Snowman' the loudest". The night culminated in a tickle war, after which Celia promptly passed out.

"Thank goodness", Rory said breathily.

"She's an amazing kid Rory", Robert praised her, and the others agreed.

"Hey now," she blushed, "I can't take all the credit!"

"That's right!" Colin cried(softly though, so as not to wake up the little girl). "All hail the sperm donor!"

They all laughed at Colin, and saluted Logan and his contribution.

They then saluted the spawn(again, Colin's words), who was laying in her mother's arms.

Rory kissed her daughter's forehead and carried her over to one of the numerous sofas, and tucked her in with a blanket, a pillow, and a "sweet dreams".

"We are uncles now, correct?" Robert questioned.

"And we're aunts?" Juliet chimed in.

Rory smiled at them "Definitely". She didn't think she could ask for better.

"About that..." Steph said slightly nervously, and Rory noticed her eyes met Colin's before she continued: "How would you feel about being aunts and uncles to one more?"

"Oh MY GOD!!!" Juliet and Rosemary practically screamed! Rory only smiled widely, she had noticed a few things that had aroused her journalistic suspicions(such as Colin - semi sneakily - slipping his fiancee sparkling apple juice instead of champagne), so this wasn't too much of a surprise.

"Congratulations!" She said, her words full of effusive meaning, and Colin was clapped heartily on the back.

"To the newest sperm donor!" Logan toasted.

"I suppose I deserve that," his friend chuckled back, and they both gave each other a hug, and a knowing smile that only fathers, or father's-to-be can understand. One with a certain amount of respect, responsibility and familial love.

As someone wise once said, I'm sure, parenthood changes you.

Once the complete shock wore off of everyone else they remembered their destination the group sobered up.

"So what's the game plan then? For London? When we've got to meet the grinch and his wife?" Robert asked.

Logan looked at Rory.

"I don't know what you guys plan to do, but Celia is not going near them. If she has someone with her, that's fine. I can go with you Logan, you know I'm always in your corner, or I can stay with crazy girl. As long as she's protected, we can do whatever you guys think is best. You've certainly had more contact with them in the past five years, so you'll know better what to do."

"Somehow I doubt that." Colin half muttered, half joked.

The girls all shot him scathing looks, and he shut up. "Sorry".

"Okay," Finn intervened. "We'll take her to Honor's that way we can all get a slight rest for maybe an hour or so, and come up with some sort of game plan for a) broaching the subject of Celia, b) quitting or getting a transfer, and c) getting Logan and Rory out of their alive."

"Sounds good to me", Rory agreed, and everyone nodded along.

"Alright then," Finn smiled and leaned back in his chair, settling.

Maybe it wasn't too early to think everything would be okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once they were off the plane, all of Celia's energy miraculously came back, while everyone else's was completely gone - they were exhausted.

The car ride to Honor's was consequently torture.

But they were here, finally.

Logan stepped up to the bright red door and knocked. The house reminded Rory a bit of her grandparents', if a bit smaller. It had Honor's obvious flair, though. A modern touch had been applied, with a Parisian influence.

"It's beautiful." Rory whispered to him, clutching at his arm, for some reason nervous.

Logan, as usual, could read her like a book, but decided not to say anything. He knew pointing out her unease would only worsen it, she had always been like that, anxious.

"She'll love that you like it Ror, she always did think you had good taste. Never hesitated to tell me how lucky I was for it either." He squeezed her shoulder.

She gave him a small smile, and teased: "Oh? And did you believe her?"

He dropped his arm and laughed. "Well, I seem to remember something about a Birken bag.......? I think I knew for certain that night that you had the kind of taste I liked."

Rory gave him a hard shove, and was about to comeback with a witty retort when the door opened, and everyone pretended like that had never happened.

The door opening was followed by a lot of very high pitched shouting. "RORY! OH MY GOD I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! UGH! AND THERE IS MY BEAUTIFUL NIECE - RORY JEEZ SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE A BLONDE VERSION OF YOU!"

Honor swung Celia into her arms and hugged her tight, Celia squealing with delight the whole time. They both had the same exuberant personality, and anyone could see they were drawn together like a magnet.

Laughing at the scene, the rest of the party followed them into the house.

As the door closed behind them, the light breeze carried Honor's voice out the threshold and around the driveway: "I'm so excited! This is a new chapter for you guys!"

The wind circled and swirled, and in a minute, it blew away.

As it did, a car rolled into the driveway.