Chapter 11: Things to do, Places to be!

Logan scrolled through his computer. He had been up since 6 this morning, looking at plane tickets to London. He wanted to be with his family for Thanksgiving, and there was no way Mitchum and Shira were going to understand unless he told them the truth. That he had a daughter, that he was *with* Rory once again, that he would stay with them, that there would no longer be set-ups, manipulation, or their attempts to control, stifle, or otherwise engage in his life. 

As he saw it they had a choice, they could respect his choices, and maybe know their grandchild, or they could be Mitchum and Shira, and he would leave.

There were 3 flights to London for the next day. He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible, and besides, Rory and Celie were heading back to Hartford today. 

His phone buzzed in his pocket. "Hey man," Colin said," so...you have a kid." He stated the obvious.

"Yeah, " he answered tentatively, "her name's Celia."

"Finn showed us a picture, she got the best of both worlds Logan. You're gonna have a world of trouble keeping her away from guys like you."

"What goes around comes around, I guess," Logan laughed. "Col, I only found out a week ago, I just wanted time before there was a host of you guys to hog her. I kind of liked being here by myself. It was like a secret, one only the three of us knew. I guess Finn beat me to it, huh?" He said sadly. 

Colin sighed."He's really sorry man, I don't know what else to say. Robert and I forgave him."

"I know he's sorry," Logan conceded, "but that doesn't make it right."

"No, no it doesn't" Colin agreed.

"Is that what you were calling about?" Logan asked, clearing his throat.

"No, I was wondering when you were planning to tell Mommy and Daddy about the newest Huntzberger."

"Actually, I am looking at plane tickets right now."

"Just take mine. I haven't used it in forever, and I could use a fish and chips fix. Besides, the bars in New York aren't nearly as fun. Robert says he is dying to go. Yup, there he goes, he's twitching dramatically on the floor. Remind me why we're friends with him again?"(An audible 'Hey!' came from Colin's side of the line).

Logan laughed. "Because he makes a great drink, and knows every Tarantino film by heart. So am I going to have an escort or something?"

"Ah, Logan, I thought you didn't do escorts anymore?" Colin joked.

"That rule only applies to people without y chromosomes."

"I'm hurt! Be packed by six, and I'll pick you up at seven. Don't worry, we'll have the plane stocked, all the traditionals."

"Great! See you then."

Colin hung up the phone and opened his messaging app. Step 1 complete.

Finn called Rory. "Hey..."

"What's up Finn?" Rory sighed.

"Love, I'm really sorry, you know that don't you?"

"Yeah, I know."

"It's just, I wanted the bean to know something about her dad. He's my best mate Ror, and I kept this from him. I guess it was my way of trying to make it up to him. That doesn't really make sense, I know, but to my liquor-addled brain it did. I'm really, really sorry."

Rory sighed again. She seemed to be doing that a lot these days.

"I know Finn, thanks. I forgive you, I mean I might still dump water on your head, or steal your stuffed animal, but I don't hate you. It worked out."