Chapter 2: Ace through the window.

Rory stared at him. HIM. 

No. no,no,no,no,no, NO!

She didn't want him here. Why on earth had he come?!

But these weren't the questions she should be asking herself. 

Would she tell him? Should she tell him? Could she?

Rory steadied herself.

"Hello Logan"

God, he looked just the same. He was still Logan, just as she had left him, then he had left her.

And god those eyes. They gave her shivers.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, fine.....And you?"

"You know, just kind of going with everything. Good, I mean, I guess".

He shifted and cleared his throat. 

Was he nervous?

" Good, I'm glad everything is alright with you..." she trailed off.

They both looked down.

"Um...Oh uh, how's Odette?"

Logan lifted his head and looked at her confused.

"Odette? I don't know, I haven't talked to her in a while".

This struck Rory as odd.  You would think that a husband would know how his was wife was.

" How has she acclimated to the Huntzberger empire, does your mom like HER?" she joked, a little forcefully.

Logan tilted his head and furrowed his brow.

"Wait...Rory, do you think....do you think I married her?"

Rory felt like the breath had been sucked from her lungs. She took a step back, then another.

This meant she had done EVERYTHING wrong. Was it because of her? How could she justify her choices now? And one she hated herself for wondering: Why hadn't he come back for her?

Logan seemed to sort of understand what she was thinking. 

"It had nothing to do with you, we just both thought we should get to choose who we married, instead of our fathers", he assured her, placing a hand on her arm. 

She stared at his hand thinking something was weird about it. Oh - it had a ring on it. Logan had never worn a ring, he always took it off away from Odette, and with her, well neither of them had ever worn a ring then.

This was good, it would help explain....everything. But then why did it hurt so much?

She cleared her throat.

" Who did you choose then?" she questioned.

"What?"

She looked pointedly at his decorated hand.

"Oh, ummm..." His cheeks reddened. "No one. It's kind of hard to explain...I guess I just wear this one. It's not important"

He studied her, but it didn't seem like Rory had recognized it as the ring he had used to asked her to marry him.

"So you AREN'T married", she asked.

"I have never been more single", he clarified.

What was that supposed to mean?

He lower lip trembled for a fraction of a second, she hoped he didn't notice, but being Logan of course he did.

"You okay Ace?" The name, of course he used the name. She hated that after all these years it still made her heart swell. But the feeling was quashed with his next words: "Celia, why don't you go grab your mom a cup of coffee...I am sure your Lora will know where to find some." Celia complied and ran off to find caffeine.