A Revision

Hey guys, I am sorry about this. I have been mulling over the last chapter in my head for the past couple of days, and I wasn't particularly pleased with it. I wanted to do something better with it, so here is this. It's a new version of Chapter 8, but it ends in the same place, so if you want to skip it go ahead. I simply prefer this timeline, and I think this works better on paper. There are a couple changes however, and a little bit of backstory. If anything, I would at least read the first two paragraphs. As always, I love it when you guys offer constructive criticism and vote. It means a lot. I hope you guys enjoy this, and I will be working on a new chapter over the next few days. Thanks for reading:)

It had been a week since Logan had met his daughter and been reunited with Her. He had talked and laughed and spent time with them, and it felt good. Rory had spent hours filling him in on the goings on in their lives, and all about Celia. Her full name, he had learned, was Celia Eleanor Gilmore. When he inquired as to the middle name, Rory had explained that it combined her daughter's aunt, grandmother, and great grandmother's names. He felt it was perfect, and when he had told Honor she practically went ballistic he had not set a date for her to pamper her niece yet.

She had gone to preschool last year, but was now just being immersed in knowledge from home, a Montessori-Gilmore education. But next year, as soon as kindergarten started she would attend Chilton Elementary. Rory was currently writing freelance, as an author, and substitute teaching. As soon as Celia started kinder she planned to start on her master's in education. She just needed the time, and soon she would get it. Logan understood she had worked hard these past few years to be happy, which made it even more special to be welcomed into their home. Celia had taken to him, like Lorelai had said: she gets attached. But, honestly, they had bonded. She was comfortable and happy around him and all three of them were excited at the prospect.

Rory woke with a smile on her face, and a text on her phone.

Ace, I didn't want to say this in front of Celia, but when are you going to tell her? You said a day or two...

She sighed. He was right, she knew, but that didn't make it any easier. She just had to do it, the longer she waited the worse things would be. So today was the day. She would just sit Celia down and rip off the bandaid. She kicked off her blankets and forced herself to make her way downstairs. She paused to smile at Logan rolling over on the couch. In the kitchen Celia was already feasting on pop-tarts, and blackberry tea. She had inherited her father's fondness for hot tea, and her mother's for all things unhealthy

"Good morning, sunshine," Rory greeted her baby girl, and making to start the coffee.

"Morning mumms".

Logan shuffled in behind, rubbing his lower back, sore from several nights on the couch.

"Good morning daddy!"

"Hey sweetheart!" He smiled and went to help Rory with the hot water. It registered for her before him. She turned to Celia. "What did you say? "

Celiac giggled. "I said 'Good morning daddy'."

This time Logan heard it. He turned to Celia with a new look in his eye, but quickly turned to Rory when he saw the murderous look on her face.

"I didn't tell her! I swear!"

"Well then who did?" She snapped.

"Uncle Finn told me," Celia interrupted. The grin was gone from her face....she looked worried.

Rory looked like she had been slapped in the face."I am going to KILL him! Awful, evil Aussie ass!" She stalked out of the kitchen, brushing past Logan who was busy repeating 'Uncle Finn?'.

He gave his little girl a small smile before following his love up the stairs. "Rory?!"

"Finn knew?" He asked from the doorway of Rory's bedroom. She was tearing it apart, looking for something.

"Yeah he saw me soon after Celie was born and I needed someone to talk to."

She paused her destruction."I asked him not to say anything. Have you seen my phone".

"It was down on the coffee table last. Do you mean to tell me that my best friend knew that I had a kid for 4 And a ½ years and didn't tell me?!"

"It was more like 4." Rory weakly defended him before rushing downstairs. Logan was hot on her heels.

She grabbed her phone from the table and within 5 seconds had it up to her ear. No answer("Damn it Finn, answer your phone!" Rory yelled for a voicemail.)

"Wait, it's Saturday! He's probably still at Colin's from Guy's Night yesterday. Here give me your phone, I know the number." Logan remembered, his anger acting as an emotional caffeine. He punched it in, and held it up to his ear but Rory grabbed it away.

"Colin? Yes, this is Rory...sure, Mother-whatever. Is Finn there? YES I want to talk to him! Put that ass on the phone right now! (She paused) Finn, you awful, stupid, aggogant, idiotic waste of oxygen! Why would you tell my daughter who her father was? What the hell man?! You had no right! I should have been the one to tell her, she is my daughter! --- I don't care if I am on speakerphone! I hope you are humiliated and embarrassed. You don't even care that I had this all set up, how I was going to tell her, and when I was! Damn it Finn! That was not your place!" She sobbed angrily.

Logan put his arm around her, and gently eased the phone away.

"My turn ace. Hey Finn, so what's this I hear about you knowing I had a daughter for over 4 years and, oh, I don't know, not even botHERING TO TELL ME! Not even a hint?!? That isn't best friend behavior, that's a person who should be tied up and dropped into the ocean!" He yelled into the phone.

Celia came running into the room crying. "Stop! Stop yelling! Uncle Finn!"

Rory took the phone Logan was already handing to her and gave it to their daughter, who turned around and hugged the phone to herself.

"Uncle Finn! Why are they so mad? I thought they'd like it. Did mommy not know Logan was my daddy? They were so loud, and I don't think Logan liked it at all." She whispered tearfully.

Both Logan and Rory stared at their child.

"No bean, this isn't your fault at all. They're mad because I wasn't supposed to tell you about your dad. They wanted to surprise you lovey, and make it special. And when your mom and dad are mad they can get pretty loud without realising it. I think they are just scared at how fast things are changing. Remember when I picked you up from pre-school, and you were upset because you thought your mom was going to take you to Luke's? And instead we went out for ice-cream, and you tasted Strawberry for the first time and you realized you loved it? That's what it's like for your dad right now. He's going to maybe be a little upset at first, but you are his strawberry ice-cream, bean. Your dad is my best mate, and I know he liked it very much, understand? Your daddy loves you." Finn consoled her.

She turned back to her parents and looked up at Logan who was staring at her intently.

"He's not smiling, Uncle Finn."She whispered worriedly.

Logan laughed, a chuckle at first and then a big, loud laugh. He collapsed onto the couch, and leaning forward he pulled his daughter to himself. Somehow Rory got her phone back and whispered a small 'thank you' before hanging up.

He looked into his daughter's eyes and held her by the waist.

"I promise Celia, I am incredibly happy about being your dad. Ecstatic really. Out of everybody else in the world, you are the best daughter I could have ever, ever possibly hoped for. (He brushed her hair out of her eyes) I just wanted to tell you that myself, and differently. Preferably with lots of cake. And tacos. But I want to be here, I want to be your dad," he said firmly ,"and if you want me to be as well, then I am the happiest man in the world."

Celia only hesitated for a moment before throwing her arms around him. There was no hesitation from Logan when he did the same.