Quarantine #29

(From Ash Pardon's comment about Edward making the others laugh.)

One lovely day in 372A High Street...

Edward: (standing in front of the others) I think I'm the best comedian in this house.

Laevateinn: (is sitting on the floor with Fenrir) Indeed. The face alone could split sides and gather a barrel of laughter.

Joyeuse: (is sitting on the arm of the couch) (slaps his thigh) HAH!

Edward: (throws pillow at Joyeuse)

Futhark: (is sitting on the couch, beside Joyeuse) Oo, Edward, nakakatawa nga 'yong mga hirit mo.

Edward: Stop smiling, Futhark, you're not making me feel better.

Lance: (is sitting on the couch with his arm around Arthur) We need evidence for this claim. Make us laugh, Edward.

Arthur: (with his head resting on Lance's chest) (is eating pretzels) Dance, monkey. Make us laugh.

Edward: No, I will not.

Futhark: (bursts out laughing) AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edward: ...

Futhark: (coughs) Sorry akala ko start na, nag-alala kasi ako na baka walang tumawa kaya nagready ako.

Henry: (is petting his dogs) Ako rin nakahanda nang tumawa e.

Edward: I don't know if you two are supporters or haters.

Futhark: Alam mong lagi kitang susuportahan, Ed!

Henry: Kailangan kitang suportahan, Ed, baka mamaya kung anong iganti mo sa 'kin e!

Joyeuse: Alright, let's settle this. Edward gets one chance to make the six of us laugh.

Laevateinn: We need a tie breaker, count Fenrir in.

Joyeuse: Right. Edward needs to make at least four out of the seven of us laugh.

Lance: Hold up. He claimed to be the "best". That means he claimed that he's better than everyone here. I suggest each one of us get a turn.

Arthur: Yeah that's a bad idea.

Lance: Why? I will laugh at anything you do.

Arthur: No it's because I don't find you funny.

Lance: Where's the support in this marriage?

Arthur: In the part where I'm trying to save you from humiliation.

Lance:

Lance: I can make you laugh.

Arthur: (cups Lance's cheeks) You sure do, honey.

Joyeuse: (kicks Lance's knee)

Edward: ANYWAY. The one with the highest score wins.

Henry: Kasali ako?

Edward: Opo, ikaw ang una.

Henry: Bakit ako?! Si Futhark daw!

Futhark: Uh??!!

Arthur: Nonsense, Lance goes first.

Futhark: Yeah!

Edward: Dito ka na sa stage, Sir Dad. (pulls Lance in front of them and takes a seat beside Arthur)

Lance: (sighs through his nostrils) (stands in front of them and thinks for a while)

Edward: Ang tagal naman.