Quarantine #1

[372A High Street:]

Lance picked up Futhark and Joyeuse from whatever hellhole they've gotten themselves stuck into. Lance asked Arthur to pick Edward up, and "coincidentally" saw Laevateinn and Fenrir on their way to 372A High Street.

Arthur: Welcome to whatever fresh hell you'll make of Lance's house, I'm going home.

Futhark: (silently sobs) Thank you po sa pagsundo sa 'kin, hindi ko po alam kung anong gagawin, pinilit ko pong pagkasyahin sa isang buwan 'yung apat na delatang binigay ni kapitan. Inisip ko na pwede naman akong uminom na lang ng tubig para hindi ako magutom kaso pinutulan na rin ako ng tubig dahil hindi ako nakabayad noong nakaraang buwan.

Joyeuse: I suggested a strategy to address the health emergency but one of the civilians listening to me went "Go back to America!"

Joyeuse: I have never been so offended since Futhark asked if I'm Scottish when I'm clearly Irish.

Edward: So you weren't offended that they didn't listen to your strategic plan but you're offended that they thought you're American?

Joyeuse: I'm used to people ignoring all my brilliant plans. That's why when I'm president I'm declaring martial law right away.

Edward: (quietly to Futhark) Yeah he's gonna be impeached right away.

The lads decided to watch the news on TV whilst Futhark prepared dinner.

Lance: (to Arthur) It's almost time for the curfew, so why don't you stay over?

Arthur: (grabs his keys) I have to hurry home, all my paperworks are waiting.

Edward: Halaaa buti nasundo n'yo ako, 'yung quarantine naging lockdown na.

Joyeuse: (sips coffee)

Edward: Imagine kung naabutan ng lockdown si drama queen sa highway. Lalakarin mo ba mula roon hanggang Pampanga?

Joyeuse: I know the law and I know my rights. No Jule Lewis Uresonderry must suffer under the heat of the sweltering sun.

Edward: That's not a law nor a right.

Joyeuse: Actually, Human Rights norms are literally focused on preventing the worse forms of human suffering. It is the moral duty of the government to alleviate the suffering of its people.

Edward: Oh yeah? Well you're not from here so stay away from our government.

Joyeuse: Do you hear what you're saying? You might as well tell me to go back to "America".

Edward: How dare you confuse me with my own words!

Joyeuse: Laaance, Edward is against a functioning government that addresses its people's needs!

Edward: SIR HINDI PO AKO?!

Joyeuse: You're not even sure with that.

Edward: I HATE YOU.

Lance: Naging lockdown na 'yung quarantine? (checks the news) You're right, nobody can go in or out of San Lorenzo for the time being.

Arthur: What?

Lance: (fakely) Oh nooo, how... how inconvenient. Looks like you have to stay here with me for the rest of your lif—I mean for the rest of the lockdown.

Arthur:

Arthur: Oh you poor thing.

Lance: Seems like it's just the two of us alone for 30 days or so.

Arthur: How can you forget that your children are in the living room, watching TV?

Lance: I-

Lance: BOYS LET'S GET YOU HOME.

Arthur: Please have some dignity.