Quarantine #36

Probably FuJo's unofficial first date if things go well...

Joyeuse: I said I wanted sushi. (stares down at his fish and chips)

Futhark: Ginalit mo 'yong waiter and we can't risk anyone spitting at our order. (fake smiles at Joyeuse and takes a bite of his fish)

Joyeuse: There are other sushi bars in this place.

Futhark: I wanted fish and chips so here we are.

Joyeuse: Why did you even ask me what I wanna eat?

Futhark: (stern look) Joyeuse. Kumain ka na d'yan.

Joyeuse: (grumbles but eats anyway)

Futhark: Look, we need to talk about your feelings.

Joyeuse: Right now I am feeling upset because you're making me eat fish and chips and now I miss England.

Futhark: Not that feeling!

Futhark: Also didn't you grow up in Ireland?

Joyeuse: What feeling are you talking about?

Futhark: (takes a deep breath) I know you're pretending to be nice to me to fool Sir Henry into thinking we're dating.

Joyeuse: So? If you knew the feelings were fake, why are you making such a big deal out of it?

Futhark: Because I know they aren't fake anymore.

Joyeuse: How can you be so sure, you're not me. Unless you like me too, then in that case, you're projecting your feelings because I don't love you.

Futhark: You sure about that?

Joyeuse: Why do you keep on insisting that I love you? You like me, don't you?

Futhark: (clenches fist to stop himself from hurting Joyeuse) (through his teeth) I am insisting because of your body language. I study Psychology, I know what signs to look out for. I know you're feeling differently.

Joyeuse: And I am a Political Science student. I won't be accepting any allegations without solid proof.

Futhark:  The squeezing of your chest, you don't wanna see me with Alice, you hate it more when I'm away, what else?

Joyeuse: Without concrete evidence, the court will not accept those.

Futhark: Why are you even trying to deny it?

Joyeuse: Because it's embarrassing.

Joyeuse: And also not true.

Futhark: (takes a deep breath and massages his temples) Okay. Not true.

Joyeuse: You look sad. You like me, don't you?

Futhark: If I said yes?

Joyeuse: Then I'd have a hard time believing you. If you liked me you would've bought me sushi.

Futhark: Gutom na ako at ito ang kainan na kakaunti ang nakapila! Ibibili kita ng sushi mamaya, kahit isang bilao pa!

Joyeuse: Wow, you like me that much?

Futhark: (Lord God give me strength.)

Bystander#1: (thinking: Bobo netong dalawa.)

Bystander#2: (thinking: Hindi magtatagal ang dalawang 'to.)

Futhark: Joyeuse. Here's the thing.

Joyeuse: The fish here is awful. (stabs the fish with his fork)

Futhark: Joyeuse!

Joyeuse: What! I'm listening!

Futhark: (cups Joyeuse's cheeks) Jule.