08

BECKY POV

I groaned as the sound of my alarm blared throughout my bedroom. I knew I had to get up but, my bed felt so comfortable. In an attempt to wake myself up, I rolled off my bed and landed with a loud thud.

Ow. That didn't work.

I pushed myself off the floor and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. As I was drying my hair, someone started to pound on the bathroom door.

"Apurate Becky, me qiero banar!" Sebas yelled from the other side. ("Hurry up Becky, I wanna shower!")

"Well, you should've woken up before me!" I retorted as I began to gather my things. I had to bite to lip to keep myself from laughing as I heard him groan. It's always fun to mess with him.

I opened the door to see my 14-year-old brother leaning against the door frame, half asleep. When he noticed that I'd opened the door the shoved me out of the way and raced inside the bathroom.

It was so hard to not laugh at his behavior. Today was Sebastian's first day of high school and to say he was nervous was an understatement. I don't even know why he's anxious. He became friends with some juniors and seniors over the summer when he made the varsity football team.

Shaking my head, I made my way toward my room to finish getting ready. I brushed my eyebrows into place, did my eyeliner, and applied some subtle blush to the apples of my cheeks, and some mascara. I then lined my lips with a brown lip liner and applied a layer of lip gloss on top. Once I was satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my backpack and made my way toward the kitchen.

Sebastian and I stood by the doorway as we saw our mom frantically walk around, making sure she wouldn't forget anything. I guess we both thought the same thing because we turned to look at each other at the same time. Both of us wearing the same amused expression.

✪✪✪

The sound of Luke Danes complaining always brought a smile to my face. I know it sounds weird to say something like that but it was just something that reminded me of home. Sebastian and I sat with Rory as we watched Lorelai beg Luke for coffee.

"How many cups have you had this morning?"

"None,"

"Plus?"

As soon as Luke said that Lorelai's face dropped. "Five, but yours is better!" she begged as she handed him her mug. All Luke did was roll his eyes and get back to work.

"Oh come on, Luke. Give her some coffee," I said as Lorelai sat with us, frowning and giving us her best puppy dog eye. Luke glared at me as he gave me and Sebastian our usuals, before reluctantly filling up Lorelai's mug.

✪✪✪

THIRD PERSON POV

After the group finished their breakfast, Becky met up with Nia at the entrance of Stars Hollow High. Luckily both girls had first-period English with Mr. Davis. They were able to walk around for a good bit before the warning bell rang.

Becky and Nia walked into class and headed toward the back to claim the two seats by the window. The girls took their seats and became engrossed in their conversation, the sleepover Tristan planned was coming up. Neither of them noticed that Jess Mariano had walked in, book in hand, and sat on the other side of the room.

Suddenly, the sound of footprints could be heard. Everyone looks up to see Mr. Davis walk in. He was a tall, thin Caucasian man with a mop of greasy black hair and dark eyes.

"Good morning class. My name is Mr. Davis and I will be your English teacher this year."

Becky and Nia turned to look at each other at the same time. Both pairs of eyes opened wide as they mouthed "Professor Snape" to each other and tried to stifle their laughter.

Mr. Davis continued on with the class syllabus and expectations for the school year. His voice was so monotone that he was putting half the class to sleep. "Now class is anyone familiar with the work by Mr. Ernest Hemingway?" he asked.

At the mention of his favorite author, Jess's head shot up. He had been reading his copy of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and had just now acknowledged that class had started. As he looked around the room he caught sight of Becky's short-haired friend raising her hand.

"I read 'The Sun also Rises'. I loved it. He's so romantic!" she swooned. Then someone scoffed.

"Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic, misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers."

Jess turned and made eye contact with the girl he had bumped into 2 nights ago. She was sitting by the window, the morning sunlight causing her green eyes to shimmer. She smiled at him and sent him a wink before turning to her friend.

"Thank you miss, Mr. Davis stared.

"Alvarez,"

"And?"

"Reyes,"

"Wait are you Rebbecca Alvarez and Nia Reyes?" he suddenly asked as he pointed between them, causing the brunette girls to smile at each other.

"That's us," the brown-eyed half of the duo replied proudly. All through middle school and high school, the girls had grown notorious for their jokes and soccer skills. Even with the school faculty, they always got their work done on time and offer to help out.

Jess almost let out a laugh at the teacher's reaction. He let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his jet-black locks. "Ok, this seating arrangement isn't going to work out. Miss Reyes, could you switch seats with" he started as he looked around.

Suddenly he pointed at Jess. "You, mister?"

"Mariano, Jess Mariano."

"Miss Reyes, could you switch seats with Mr. Mariano?"

Becky's eyes widened, suddenly aware of the fact that Jess was in the classroom with them. She turned to look at Nia, only to see a smug look on her face.

The brunette boy got up and slowly made his way toward the other side of the classroom. When they passed by each other, Nia sent him a small smile. Jess nodded his head in acknowledgment. "Alvarez," he greeted as he sat in the seat behind Becky.

"Mariano,

"Ok class, a seating chart will be going around shortly. I hope you like where you're sitting because it will be your seat for the rest of the year.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
I POSTED TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!!
God, I can't remember the last time I was able to do that... I hope you guys enjoyed it!

-J <3