15

THIRD PERSON POV

"Becky!"

"What?"

"Answer the phone!"

"No, I'm busy. You do it!"

"You're closer!"

"So what? You're the one complaining about it!"

"Becky, just answer it!"

"No."

"Beckyyyyyyyy!"

The girl rolled her eyes as she heard her younger brother whine. The phone hadn't even rung twice before Sebastian started complaining. She turned to the stereo and turned the volume up, trying to drown out the sound of the phone and her brother.

Becky had been in a grumpy mood for the past three weeks. She was mad at everyone and everything. The slightest thing would set her temper off, causing her to yell a string of curse words. When asked what was wrong all she would do was shrug and say "nothing."

The residents of Stars Hollow had started to get tired of her attitude. And frankly, so had she. She knew who she was really mad at.

Herself.

She was mad that she had let herself believe her grandmother might actually love her. And even madder because she couldn't seem to be able to express her feelings to anyone. Except for Jess.

The boy with soft chocolate brown eyes and perfectly styled hair. The boy who has always been able to make her smile. The boy who-

"Becky!"

The girl was snapped out of her trance as she heard her name. Pushing the thoughts of her coworker aside, she turned to see Sebas holding the phone, with an annoyed expression on his face.

"It's for you," he grumbled, shoving the phone in her hand.

She gave him a confused look.

"It's. For. You." the boy growled as he turned to leave the kitchen. Not before sneaking a taste at the cookie batter his sister had been mixing.

The older Alvarez stared as he disappeared into the living room. "Hello?" she asked, hesitantly bringing the phone to her ear.

"Hey, "

"Hi....." Becky trailed off, trying to figure out who the owner of the deep voice on the line was.

"Are you there, Beck?"

The girl smacked her hand on her forehead as the realization kicked in. Jess. She had completely forgotten she had given him her phone number during one of their book trade-offs. They had started about a month ago, and the boy had already burned through four books. "Oh, hi Jess!"

"Hi, are you busy?"

She looked around the kitchen, seeing the mess she had created in the past 2 hours. There were dishes upon dishes that needed to be washed, wrappers to be thrown again, and desserts to be decorated and stored. She also had assignments waiting for her on her desk.

"Uhhhh, yeah. Kind of, why?"

"Never mind, forget I asked."

"No, tell me."

"It's stupid. Just forget I said anything."

"Jess. Come on, tell me."

"I was just. I was just going to ask if you walked to hang out for a bit. Maybe terrorize Taylor. Or we could take a walk, you could bring Padfoot."