05

JESS POV

"Jess, good. I'd like you to meet someone." my uncle said as I stomped into the diner. I turned to see a brunette woman with blue eyes and a smile on her face.

"Hey," she greeted. "Hi. I'm Lorelai. I wanted to meet you before Luke filled your head with lies about me.

"Hi," I responded, uninterested.

"You should meet my daughter! You guys are around the same age, she can show you where all the good wilding goes on." she went on enthusiastically. I nodded my head in acknowledgement as I stuffed my hands into my jean pockets and stared at her.

"Ok uh, well, nice to meet you. I hope you like it here." she continued awkwardly. I just stood there and nodded my head again, waiting for her to stop talking.

"So, uhhh class dismissed," she chuckled dryly. I saw my chance to end the conversation and walked toward the door, slamming it as I heard Luke call out to me. As soon as I walked out of the diner I froze, taking in my surroundings. Happy families walked around, children laughing as they spent time with their parents.

I didn't know that was possible.

After walking for a few minutes before I found a bookstore. I walked in, picked up a random book, and sat in a corner at the back. I figured I could hide out here for a few hours.

✪✪✪

ANGELA POV

"Ok, so,  nephew came to town?" I asked Lorelai as I sat next to her. She nodded her head mid-sip.

"Did you meet him?"

"Uh, sort of," she said uneasily.

"What's he like?"

"Well, he's not gonna be subbing for the new DoDo on the Regis show anytime soon," she replied, downing the rest of her coffee.

"So, you don't like him"

"No, it's not that I don't like him, it's just that-"

"Lucas!" I yelled, cutting her off. The flannel-clad man turned around, a confused look on his face.

"So I heard about the nephew. Thanks for telling me by the way," I started, faking hurt. "Anyways, Becky has practice tomorrow and Thursday. Sebas has practice today and Wednesday. But, they're both free Friday, so why don't you and your mysterious nephew come over for dinner?

"Why?" he asked with a bewildered tone.

"Because this kid is new in town, his mom just shipped him off, he's living with his grumpy uncle he knows nothing about, in Stars Hollow of all places. Stars Hollow, a town full of sunshine and rainbows, a town that isn't familiar with new people might I add. How would you feel?" Luke just stared at me. Black-faced, no expression. "Besides, I wanna meet him," I added, hoping he wouldn't notice how emotional I got.

I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't convinced. "Come on, Sookie and I can cook. Lorelai will set the table. Rory, my kids, and Nia. It'll be like a little "Hey, welcome to Stars Hollow. And see? Not everyone is not straight out of a Fellini film" kind of dinner." I said, hoping he'd agree.

He sighed before looking at his feet, "Ok, that'd be nice. Thanks"

He walked away and I turned to look at Lorelai, mirroring the mischievous look on her face. "Oh, I will definitely bring up the bed," she smirked.

✪✪✪

"Hey, no haggas planes el Viernes, we're having a get-together. Let Nia know," I said as I linked my arm with Becky's. ("Don't make plans this Friday,")

"And what may this get-together be for?"

"Pues, el sobrino de Luke esta aqui, so I figured we could try and make him feel at home," ("Well, Luke's nephew is here,")

"Ooooooh, Nia told me about him," she said excitedly. "Said he's living with Luke, his mom sent him from New York, and apparently he's gonna be my new coworker. Have you met him?"

"Yo no, pero Lorelai isn't very fond of him. Just try to be nice to him, please? It's just that Lorelai already doesn't like him, and I'm not asking you to become best friends or go out with him, because I'm not." I emphasized. "Juuuust, make feel welcomed," ("I haven't, but")

"I think I can do that," she responded as she leaned her head on mine.

✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
Holy fucking shit! It took me so fucking long to update. I'm writing these in secret. I finished school so I haven't had an excuse to use my laptop and I feel like if I write on my phone I'll have a lot of errors. And soccer practice just started up again so I have less free time but, I'll try my best to update as often as I can. I hope you had a good day!

-J <3