Team Work

-Wow... - He says surprised. You two look ahead and see a track with a big red signal point forward. 

-It's there, right? On that red thing. - You ask him. 

-Probably. - Haechan says and you get closer to the signal. You see a message. - "Objective: 50 km." - He reads. - Oh, we can get there in a day. Let's go. - He says. 

-But... It's too easy. Is it really just that? - You ask him. 

-I don't think so. Look. - Haechan says and points to something behind you. You turn around and see a weird black wall stopped a little far from you. 

-Uhm... I don't like it, Haechan... - You say stepping back hiding behind him. 

-Yeah... Me neither. It looks like a shadow. - He says analyzing it. 

-The test starts in 3... 2... 1... - The woman says. Suddenly, you see the black wall getting closer very fast. 

-WOW, WOW. I don't like that at all. Run! Run! - Haechan shouts and you two start to run. 

-Wth, we have to run 50 km with that thing behind us? It's not so fast, but... If it reaches us, will we die? - You ask him.

 -I don't know and I don't wanna find out. Let's go. We can run faster and take a good advantage, so we can rest if we need. - He says and you nod. 

            You two start to run fast. You see the shadow far from you and get relieved. You are used to run since you used to wake up early at the section to do that. You glance at Haechan and he seems to be fine as well, so you keep that. After 15 km, you start to feel the need to take a break.

 -Haechan. - You stop, calling his name. He stops and turns around. You put your hands on your knees, breathing heavily. - I need a break. - You say and he nods. 

-"Distance: 35km." We are doing good. If we keep that pace, we can get there without the shadow disturb us. - He says sweating and drinking a bit of water. He hands you the bottle and you drink too. You breathe deeply and turn to him. 

-Okay. We can go now. - You say to him and you two start to run again. 

            You two keep that pace and pausing every 10 km. Now you don't see the shadow anymore and that brings a relieved to you two. Getting to the last 5 km, you stop again. 

-5 km, Y/n. - He says smiling and handing you the bottle again. 

-Yes. - You say high flying him. You were celebrating and happy for passing in another test. You walk ahead a little more and spot a giant tree in the middle of the forest with the red signal on top of it. - Look! It's there I can see it! - You say jumping and looking at him. Haechan smiles widely, but it quickly fades away when he looks down. 

-Y/n... You forgot to look down. - He says and you look down confused. You gasp. 

-Oh, no. - You say. You see a big valley filled with quicksand. - First the shadow, and now this. - You say sighing. - The map indicates to pass through it.

-Yeah. A very suspect path I would say. - Haechan says and you nod. - Well... Let's go before that weird wall reach us. 

            You start to go down the valley and get to the bottom. You can see the big tree between the small ones that are there, and the quicksand puddles. You start to walk very carefully and suddenly you see a huge black panther in front of you. You widen your eyes. 

-Haechan... - You say stepping back. Haechan takes off a knife of his pants, getting in front of you. 

-Calm down. - He whispers at you. You get you knife too. 

            The beast looks at you hissing and showing his teeth. Haechan locks his eyes with it and the beast jumps on top of him. He tries to push the animal away of him, but it is very heavy and strong. You give it a blow with your knife, making the panther groan and jump off Haechan. He quickly stands up.

 -Thank you. - He says, recovering his heart from the startle. 

-There are more of them. - You say looking behind. - And... The shadow is coming. Very fast. 

-Then, run. RUN! - Haechan says pulling you by the wrist. 

            You two run the fastest you can. You look behind and see the panthers being swallowed by the shadow.

-We can do it. Run faster, Yin! - Haechan says still pulling you. 

            You try to run faster, but suddenly a last panther jumps off a tree making you widen your eyes. By instinct, you push Haechan, making you and the panther fall in a quicksand puddle. Haechan stops running, widening his eyes.

-Y/n! - He shouts seeing you and the panther fighting to not drown. 

-Haechan! - You shout back already with half of your body under the sand. 

-Wait! I'm gonna take a... Uhm... - He looks around searching for something while you try to move the sand away without success. Haechan sees a vine and takes it. Throwing it on your direction, you take it and he pulls you with all his strength, but the vine tears apart. - Oh no... I'm gonna take another one. Hang in there, Y/n! - He shouts desperate. You look at your side seeing the shadow close.

-Haechan, the shadow is coming! - You say with teary eyes. - I... It's okay. You can go! It's over. - You say looking at him. 

-No, no, no! I'm gonna make it. - He says still searching. He finally sees other vines and, this time, he ties two vines, making one stronger vine. He throws it again and you take it. He pulls you again and you get out of there. Standing you up by the arm, you start to run again. - We are almost there, come on! - He shouts running the fastest he could while you see the shadow closer and closer.