Reencounter

-We are almost there, come on! - He shouts running the fastest he could. You see the shadow closer and closer. 

            You two see a gate and a wall that surround the tree. You two jump towards the gate before the shadow could touch you. You two fall on the ground and the gate closes. You breathe heavily and your heart beats fast from the run. You tap Haechan's shoulders. 

-We did it, Haechan! - You say smiling. 

-Aaaah! - Haechan screams holding his arm. You look at him confused. 

-What is it? Are you hurt? - You ask him. 

-The shadow... - He says with a pain expression. - It touched my arm. - He says starting to sweat again. You turn him to check his arm. You gasp. It was burnt. 

-Omg... - You whisper for yourself. - Relax. It was not so serious. Let's go. I'm gonna take care of that. - You say helping him to stand up. 

            You and Haechan start to walk to find somewhere comfortable to sit and to take care of his injury. Observing the place a bit, you realize that the construction is kind of different. A big glass wall surrounds the tree and the floor is all made of wooden. You see benches, and head over there. 

-Hm... strange. This place has benches and all. It looks like a resting place. - You say while Haechan sits on the bench holding his arm. 

-Congratulations, Mates! - The computer says. - You passed the second test: Race. Soulmates eliminated: 3. - She says and you sigh. - And welcome to our safe base. You have three days to rest and come back to the test. Enjoy! - The woman says. 

-Well, at least I will have some time to heal this. - Haechan says. You open your backpack and take bandage and water. You reach out your hand indicating to Haechan to give you his arm. He looks at you with suspicious eyes. - Do you really know what you are doing? - He asks and you roll your eyes. 

-Let's go, Haechan. I'm tired. I know what I'm doing. - You say shaking your hand to rush him. 

-Don't torture me! It's hurting. - He says dramatically. You sigh heavily. 

-I won't. You said we should trust each other and be a team, right? - You say and he stares at you like he is thinking about it. He sighs and gives you his arm, looking at the other side. 

            Putting the water in a bowl, you take the bandage and wet it. You take his hand, making sure to not touch the burnt part. Taking the bandage, you cool the arm carefully. Haechan groans a little, but after some seconds his skin feels the relieve from the water. He turns his looks at you, noticing the care you are having with him. Your practice time is really showing right now, revealing your experience in this kind of situations. 

-I'm gonna pass an ointment here. It's gonna hurt a little, but I will try to be gentle. - You say and he nods. Haechan suddenly feels safe and relaxed around you. The calmness on your voice makes his anxiety disappear. 

-You really trained a lot, didn't you? - He asks, looking at your eyes. You chuckle from his question. 

-Yes, I did. You are lucky that the cupid got it wrong and now you are my soulmate. - You say and he chuckles too, looking up. You start to pass the ointment, gently rubbing it on his arm. Haechan starts to feel sleepy. 

-Don't forget I was the one who saved your life. - He says joking, and you grin. 

-Yeah, I know. - You look up at him. - Thank you for not abandoning me. - You say looking at his eyes. 

-You're welcome. - He maintains the look at you and you look down, finalizing your job. He scans your face, not worried about the stare. 

-I think it's done. - You say, after swathe his arm. - Let's explore the place a little. Maybe we can find something interesting here. - You say and he nods. 

            Walking ahead, you see a font with crystal clear water. You smile, glad for having somewhere to refill your bottles. You and Haechan start to fill up the bottles and you hear something. Looking at your side, you see two people. You widen your eyes. 

-Haechan, look! - You say quickly tapping his shoulder. - They are one of the soulmates who were in our section. - You say and Haechan furrows his eyebrows, confused. - Does it mean that...? - You stand up and start to run. 

-Y/n, wait! - Haechan shouts taking the bottles and running after you. 

            You run looking around the place. You find the center, where there are dozens of other soulmates. Your heart beats fast while you look for him. You stop spotting the person that you are searching for. 

-Brian! - You shout smiling and you see him turning around. 

-Y/n! - He says surprised to see you. - I didn't know I would find you here. - He says while you get closer. Haechan comes right behind you, breathing heavily for having ran after you. Brian is with Avery, who looks at you coming. 

-Me neither! I'm... I'm so happy to see you! - You say and hug him. He hesitates for a moment, but ends up hugging you back. Haechan and Avery just wait there, without saying anything. - I didn't know if I would ever see you again. The tests are so dangerous. I was so worried about you. Especially after the cupid mistook the couples and- - Before you could finish, Avery interrupts you cleaning her throat. 

-Uhm... Excuse me? Did you say that the cupid was wrong? - Avery says getting closer to you. 

-Uhm... Yes? Brian is my soulmate. We always knew that. - You say and she scoffs. 

-No, darling. He is MY soulmate. The cupid is right. You should take care of yours! Right, Brian? - She says and turns to look at him. You look at her with a disgusted face before looking at Brian again to see what he is going to say. An awkward silence fills the space together with a tension. Haechan looks at the side with widened eyes, knowing that this is going to get ugly.