Honesty

-Look... I want to tell you something. - Haechan says with a low voice. You look at him confused.-What is it? - You ask.

-Uhm... You don't need to feel pressured to choose me tomorrow. - He says looking down.

-What? What are you saying? I promised you that we are gonna stay together and we will. - You say looking at his eyes intensely, but he doesn't look back.

-No. You don't need to fulfill that. You are free to choose whoever you want to. - He says and you feel your heart ache.

- Why are you saying that? You don't want to be with me anymore? I thought that... We were... - Before you could finish, he interrupts you.

-It was a mistake. That kiss... I got carried away by the moment and I did that. And the fear test... I was just emotional. It didn't mean anything. - He says and looks at you. You still love Brian, don't you? You can choose him. I won't be mad at you. - Haechan says looking at your eyes serious. Inside him it's hurting, but, for him, you love Brian and he couldn't let you choose him because of a promise.

-So that's how you feel. - You say nodding and biting your bottom lip. - Okay then. - You turn around and leave him. Haechan watches you going away, taking the opportunity to look at you for the last time.

            In the next day, you notice he didn't show up for breakfast. You look around searching for him, but he is nowhere to be seen. You sigh worried about him. "It was a mistake. It didn't mean anything." His words keep passing in your head, making your heart skip a beat. Why did he change opinion like that? You don't know.

-Good morning, Mates. The time has come! We gave you a new option yesterday. You can choose you partner! A new modality which was never available before. - The computer says and the soulmates get closer to listen to it better. - Your name will be called and you must say who you want to be with. Let's begin!

            You look around searching for Haechan and you find him. He is slowly walking towards the crowd at the other side of the lobby. He looks tired. Like he didn't sleep the whole night. He looks up and your eyes meet, but he looks away. You furrow your eyebrows. Your eyes start to get watery from the sudden coldness came from him.

-Mate Kris. Your choice? - The computer asks.

-I want to switch with James. I want to be with Elisa. - A boy you don't know says.

-Elisa, who do you want to be with? - The cupid asks.

-I want to switch. I want to be with James. - A girl answers.

-Soulmates combined. - The computer says and the soulmates go away.

            After many couples, you are still there waiting for your time. You are nervous. You think about what Haechan told you and what Brian said. Finally, you hear his name being called.

-Mate Brian. - The cupid says and you look up at the screen. - Who do you want to be with? - She asks.

-I want to switch with Haechan. I want to be with Y/n. - He says and looks at you. You look down, sighing deeply.

            You look down, sighing deeply. It's your time to choose. You have Brian, who wants you back even though he had given up on you so fast, but who is also saying he loves you. You passed good times with him and you truly believed he was your soulmate. And at the other side, there's Haechan. The boy you met a few months ago. You used to hate him, but now you got to know a new side of him. A side of someone caring, funny and affectionate. You take a deep breath, feeling your heart beating fast. Your hands sweat from the anxiety. This choice will change your life forever, and you know that.

-Mate Y/n. Who do you want to be with? - The cupid asks and you look back at the screen.

-I... I... - You stutter, feeling your body trembling.

            You look at you left side and Brian looks at you waiting for your answer. He nods, indicating that you can say it. Turning your head again, you look at you right side. Haechan is there, far away. This time, he is also looking at you. His eyes overflow loneliness. With his hands in his pockets, he waits for your answer. Looking quickly at the cupid, you clean your throat. You have made your decision.

-I want to keep my soulmate. - You say firmly and Haechan widens his eyes, looking at you from afar. - I want to be with Haechan. - You say and Brian opens his mouth. He is not believing that you didn't choose him. Haechan looks at you in the eyes. You start to walk towards him.

-Mate Haechan, who do you want to be with? - The cupid asks. Haechan is frozen there with his eyes wide opened.

-I... I want to switch with Brian. I want to be with Y/n. - He says still paralyzed and looking at you coming.

-Soulmates combined. - The computer says, but you are not paying attention anymore.

            Looking intensely at him, you walk through the crowd pushing away the mates who are there. Haechan keeps his look at you waiting until you get to him. You finally reach him.

-You- Haechan starts to say something, but you pull him by the arm dragging him out of that place. You leave a confused Brian behind and take an even more confused Haechan to an empty hall. Seeing that no one is there, you stop and look at him. - Why did you choose me? You should have chosen Brian! - He asks looking at your eyes.

-Shut up. – You say and pull him by his shirt, getting your lips together.

            With a long peck, you pull him even more closer cupping his face with your right hand. Haechan is surprised by the sudden kiss. You open your mouth letting your tongue slip out. Haechan, who was perplexed, slowly puts his arm around your waist feeling the passion of your kiss. With eyes closed, he enjoys the sensation of finally kissing you. With his other hand, he pulls your neck, already addicted to you. After a few seconds, you pull away.

-Wait... give me one more. – Haechan says with eyes still closed, pulling you again. You smile through the other kiss. He finally realizes that you have chosen him to be your soulmate. Giving you deep kisses, his heart races. He finalizes with a peck, moving apart slowly. He laughs. – Ah, Y/n... Why did you choose me? - He asks smiling.

-Is this a mistake too? – You ignore his question and ask him opening your eyes. He gives you another peck on the lips.

-No... it's not. It never was. - He says looking at you.

-So why did you say that? You treated me like... like... - You sigh, not wanting to remember the things he said.

-Sorry. I lied. I lied so much. That really meant a lot to me. But I thought you still loved him. I saw how you looked for him when you arrived. - He says looking down.

-I was trying to avoid him, Haechan. - You say and he looks back at you. You scoff. – Don't you see? You still don't know the one I really love? - You say to him and he smiles.

-I'm dumb, my love. You have to be patient with me. - He says and you laugh.

-I'm not choosing you just because of that promise. I don't want to lose you either. You are not alone anymore. – You say and he bites his lower lip.

            Hearing that he was no longer alone meant a lot to him. He said he doesn't feel alone, but he does. And he has found in you the comfort he hasn't felt in a long time. Haechan pulls you for a hug. Caressing your head, he sighs letting you dive your face on his chest.

-Now I'll have to handle your annoying complains all my life? He asks rolling his eyes.

-You- - You hit his chest. – I'm gonna ask the cupid if I still can change, then. - You say turning around to walk away.

-No, no, no! I was kidding. - He laughs and holds your wrist. You laugh out loud receiving plenty of kisses around your face.

-Y/n! - You hear a familiar voice and turn around. Haechan tightens his fists pushing his tongue out of his cheek.

-What do you want, Brian? – Haechan asks annoyed.