Chapter 16

It had been a very long time since Jacki had felt so good. Everything that Brian had done to her body had been so sensual and intimate. He took his time and made sure that each stroke, touch, and kiss were giving her excitement and pleasure. Then when he followed her into the shower and got behind her as she faced the wall opposite the shower head he had cupped her breasts while kissing her shoulders. But it was how he caressed her hips and butt that she liked the most, he appreciated her curves and wanted her to know that fact.

When she heard him getting his clothes on, getting ready to pick up breakfast, Jacki tried to check her phone, but it was dead. She put it on a charger and found her iPad. She saw several emails and text messages. A few were from the executive producer of TruTv scripted show Tacoma FD.

"Jacki, we've heard great things about you from the crew at Impractical Jokers! Our current makeup artist had to take leave for an emergency, any chance you can be out here by Tuesday morning? I know that IJ hasn't wrapped yet but we could really use you!"

Jacki looked at the time the text was sent, just an hour previously. She quickly replied that she would be in L.A. as quickly as possible. She started searching for flights and found one that was boarding in two hours. She rushed to the bedroom and pulled her one, large bag from the closet. She tossed her clothes and shoes in and then cleaned out the bathroom with her small amount of skin care and makeup.

After twenty minutes she was packed. Her Vespa was still in the driveway, she quickly moved it to the garage and then met her cab outside. Her phone had charged a little bit so she made one call, to the executive producer of Impractical Jokers.

"Jacki! Whats up?"

"Hey, so I heard back from. The EP of Tacoma FD."

"I knew you would! Did he ask about you being there tomorrow?"

"He did. I'm on my way to the airport."

"Great! Good luck out there! We'll miss you around here but I know that everyone will be happy to hear about your new job."

"Thanks, Pete. I appreciate everything."

She turned her phone off and looked out the window. What was she doing? She had just had the most amazing night, and morning, of her life and now she was leaving without a word. If I call Brian then he'll just talk me out of this. And I've worked so hard to get on a scripted show. I can't just throw it all away.

When Jacki arrived at the airport terminal she checked her bag and went through security. She wanted to call Brian but she couldn't think of anything to say. She wanted to tell him how much she cared about him but going for this job in California was something she had to do. She had gone too many years pleasing everyone else, doing what they wanted her to do. She had to do what she wanted.

The attendant finally called for boarding on her flight and Jacki was soon in her seat, waiting for take-off. She knew that Brian must have gone back to her house and discovered she was gone. He was probably upset and confused. She knew that he had been hurt before and there she was doing it, too.

I can't spend my whole life looking back. I have to move forward.