Chapter 22

Jacki was incredibly grateful for Venmo. Over the last few days she would have completely maxed out her bank account with food and lodging had Brian not sent her money. Of course that meant logging out of her account and doing a back and forth because his phone was still back in New York.

Brian was expensive to feed, and he liked to snack while driving. They had also stopped to get heavier clothes because all he had were the t-shirts she got him in Tampa. But as they drove north he needed more layers. The coast of the Carolinas was okay, but still chilly. And once they got into Virginia they were definitely reassured of it being November.

But over the course of the four day drive they had gotten to know each other even more. They shared about their childhood and siblings, holiday traditions, even loved ones who they lost along the way. Jacki hadn't been on a road trip in a very long time and it was nice to be alone with Brian for several days, and nights.

At night they would rent a room after dinner. And they would both immediately get in the shower and start their usual naked shenanigans. One time Brian had come up behind her and pressed her against the tile of the shower. He rubbed her hips and put his cock beneath her butt cheeks so she could feel it up against the middle of her legs. Then he scooted back and bent her forward just enough to fuck her from behind. She'd enjoyed every bit of it.

She liked waking up next to him each morning, usually with his naked body pressed up against her while they spooned. She would wake him by rubbing her butt against his crotch and letting him get hard. Then he would pull her against him and put his hard penis inside her. She loved the feeling of him inside her and his thrusts pushing her body. It was intoxicating having sex with him so much.

She was glad when they finally got back to New York. She called Murr and he met them at his bank to release Brian's phone, wallet, and keys from the safety deposit box. Afterwards, they dropped the Camero at the car rental dealer and then had to locate Brian's Jeep. He had parked it across from the bus station but it wasn't there, and the only person with an extra key was Sal, apparently.

Once the Jeep was recovered, Jacki just wanted to go home. She was tired and hungry and wanted to take a warm bath. She got to the door of the house she had been renting and heard voices. She cautiously entered and saw the homeowners in the living room. Brian was right behind her, also bewildered by their presence.

"Umm, hi," she said trying to be courteous.

"Jacki! What are you doing here?" The sweet older woman, Mrs Mann, got up from her seat and walked towards Jacki.

"Uh, just on leave for a bit from the show in L.A."

"Oh! I guess I didn't realize you were coming back! We came in to spend the holidays with our kids and grand children."

"Oh, um, okay."

"Well, is there a friend you can stay with? I'm sorry, dear, we just thought the place was empty, and you said you were moving to California."

"No, its fine, its your house." Jacki started to turn around and she caught Brian's look of compassion. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Baby, you can stay with me." She leaned into his body as he spoke.

Jacki bid goodbye to the Manns and Brian put her bag back into the Jeep. He suggested ordering a pizza and she agreed to the dinner choice.

"You're really okay with me staying with you? I don't want to assume anything or put you out."

Her words were met with a smile. He took her left hand and kissed it, then held on to it.

"I'm okay with you staying with me, as long as you are. Just let me know if you need some space or time alone and I'll do the same. Plus, I wasn't really ready to not wake up next to you and fuck til we pass out."

She laughed, "Okay. Well I would love a long, hot bath so as long as I can use your bathtub I think we'll be fine."

They drove along in silence for a few minutes, then it occurred to her that Brian wasn't the kind of guy who was the settling down type. He was the annoying bachelor that had fun buddies and no commitments. Why was he suddenly domesticated?

"Brian, you can tell me if you would rather me stay somewhere else. I really don't want to be an inconvenience."

He looked at her and raised a brow, "What are you talking about?"

"I just mean, you've been very vocal about not wanting to settle down and now you're inviting me to live with you, for who knows how long, and you haven't even mentioned any other women since we started sleeping together. I know you, I know you like variety. I just don't want to put my feelings on the line and get in too deep if we're on different pages."

There was a thoughtful pause. She could see that Brian was thinking about how to respond, which she appreciated.

"So, usually, yes, I like to have options. But after spending so much time with you and getting to know you, I don't want anyone else. I want you. I care about you and I have completely fallen in love with you. And some of that is because we both know how it feels to be hurt and betrayed, and I know I would never do that to anyone, and I think you're the same. You would never want to cause hurt or pain. That makes me feel safe to trust you with my heart."

They pulled up in front of Brian's house and he turned to her, took her hands, and looked her straight in the eyes.

"Jacki, will you move in with me? Not indefinitely- but definitely. Long term. Permanently."

She smiled, "Okay."