𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。..。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。..。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

"From the minute I saw that blood, only thought in my head...and I tell myself it's for the right reasons, my intentions are good, and it, it feels true, you know? But I think, underneath...I just miss the feeling. I know how messed up that sounds, which means I know how messed up I am. Thing is, the problem's not the demon blood, not really. I mean, I, what I did, I can't blame the blood or Ruby or...anything. The problem's me." Sam began.

"How far I'll go. There's something in me that...scares the hell out of me, Dean. In the last couple of days, I caught another glimpse... I'm in no shape to be hunting. I need to step back, 'cause I'm dangerous. Maybe it's best we just...go our separate ways. All of us." He concluded.

Eden looked at him. He was already staring at her, silently pleading she'd just walk away. He knew it'd hurt less than her scolding. But Eden didn't protest. "I think you're right." Dean agreed. "The truth is I spend more time worrying about you than about doing the job right. And I just, I can't afford that, you know? Not now."

Sam nodded. "I'm sorry, Dean."

"I know you are, Sam. Hey, do you, uh, wanna take the Impala?" Dean questioned. "It's okay." His brother answered. "Take care of yourself."

"You too."

Dean turned and got into his Impala, leaving Sam and Eden in a pit of silence. "I'm always gonna watch out for you. Call me a guardian freak or whatever." Eden sniffled. Sam laughed sadly and placed his hand on her cheek, rubbing under her eye.

"Do you think you're like Cas? Would you hear if I prayed to you?" He asked.

"We'll find out, won't we?"

"You gonna be okay?"

She nodded and Sam whispered a small, "okay." He let go and began walking before turning around and approaching her once again. His hands cupped her face as he pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was gentle, passionate, and sad. It felt like a goodbye that would surely leave Eden in pieces.

The car started up, telling Eden to hurry up. She sniffled once again, pulling away and fixing the collar of his shirt. "Stay safe, Sammy."

"Bye, baby."

They walked away from one another. Eden sat beside Dean, watching as Sam got into a truck to hitchhike. When the truck left, she silently cried beside the eldest Winchester brother.