Chapter 3

'Kid, the officer wants to ask you questions. I'll be with you all the time, don't worry.'

They led me to a room, a conference room.

There was a pen, and a sheet of paper lying on the glass table.

'Tell us what happened. Again.' The officer told me, and I took the paper, and started to write.

I wrote everything that I knew of, and handed the paper to Officer Foa.

'Oh. Nice and elegant script. I wish that my daughter had that manuscript. She writes, all over the place, messy and scrawls. Cut the crap. Did you know that the one that you saw, chained to the lamppost wasn't just an ordinary citizen. He had quite a rap sheet. He's a serial killer, child abuser, and not to mention the sexual harassment files charged against him.'

What? I certainly didn't know that.

'Do you know anything more? It's time to tell the tale.'

I motioned for another sheet of paper, and another A4 came to me.

I wrote and wrote, and drew some of them. I talked about myself, and my life in the orphanage, and it just only took up a page of paper.

I gave the paper to them to read and watch, and they just didn't react to anything.

'Kid, anything about the case? Did you see anyone, anything when you went down and saw the trash dumping lady?'

Great. Time to let the cat out of the bag. I snatched back the sheet of paper, and flipped to the last page, and told the, everything, literally everything, from the morning at the orphanage and so. Then, I pushed the paper back to them nervously.

It was watching a plasma screen. That's what they were. Their expression changed from doubt to awe, and from awe to questioning.
'Really? Did you do that?'

'Will you excuse me, Neah.'

The woman officer's name was Neah. Nice name.

That made me feel anxious. What was officer Foa gonna do to me?

It turns out that he just wanted to have a talk with me, and as I thought that the talk had ended, he had just started, as he told me.

'How did you manage to take the dude down?'

He asked, and I whispered in his ear.

'I just fought, instinctively. Don't ask me why and how.'

He seemed to understand.

'Did you have any training of martial arts or sorts?'

I shook my head.

'Huh.' He shrugged.

'I would hate to see some potential like that go to waste.'

'Then what should I do?'

'Come with me. And I know that you trust me.'

I did, actually. And anyway, I followed him towards where he indicated, and he locked the door behind me.

What the heck are you attempting to do? My brain gears were whirring.

'There's a form for you to sign, a recommendation letter for you to read. Come back here in a week. That is, if you agree to do this.' I nodded, indicating that I understood him, and he gave me a ride, in his personal car, a Ferrari. Wow. I didn't know that a police officer had the money to purchase a car like this.

He dropped me off at the orphanage, and promised me visits. He was really as close as a father to me. My second father, that is.

He kept his promise. The next thing I knew, I was visited by Officer Foa, and along with a couple of his deputy friends.

I was knowing people daily. And it just kept on coming. All the people were itching to see the girl, the one who took down the most wanted criminal in the States. I received file after file, file after file, all asking for my signature, and the permission for me to attend their academy. I just didn't even place a finger on those stuff. The people in the orphanage were nicer to me. The lunch lady gave me more than I usually could have, and she even gave me extra fruits. I ended up having two apples in a meal, or two bananas in one meal. She also gave me stuff that I usually don't get, for example spaghetti Bolognese which was fresh from the stove, not those ones from the leftover pantry and she even bought me burgers from her own fund!