Chapter 7

'What is this?'

'A lair? I don't know. I waited for you before I went down. I found it by River Dancing.'

'You're to scared to do so, are you?' Kensi mocked him.

'No I am not!' He evidently was. I saw his left foot shake. Kensi noticed this too.

'Ha. Coward.' Then she took out her flashlight, and I did the same, and she led me down, with Deeks trailing behind me like a faithful dog.

Deeks was right. It was a lair. Something that he didn't want anything to see.

'Video games? Seriously?' Kensi asked.

I looked around, and I have to admit that I didn't know much about video games. I could see Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War, Monster Hunter: Rise, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, and lots and lots more.

'Woah! The newest computer!'

'How did you know, Deeks?

'I have hobbies. What do you say, probie?'

'She's not a probie, Deeks. She's higher level than you and me. And you stink.'

I just can't believe it, someone standing up for me?

'All right then, what do you notice?'

I took out my notepad, scribbled on it, telling them what I know, and handing the, the notepad.

'Sense of insecurity, not a fan of social activities. Wow, how did you know that?' Deeks asked me.

'Well, this is what you call observing, Deeks, learn from the kid.'

'What do you know? Nothing else?' I shushed him, as I heard something, a rustling sound from the front door.

'Wha...mmph!' Kensi covered his mouth with her hand, knowing what I had heard. She probably heard the sound.

They huddled around, and I spoke up.

'I'll go with Kens. Deeks, your chance to show off is now. You go to the back door. I'll go with the front door.' They nodded, to show understanding, and I ran, crept-ran off to the door with Kensi.

And my prediction was right. The visitor entered from the front door.

I heard Kensi say that he or she was all mine, and at that time, I doubted myself for the first time in my life.

What if I couldn't take the visitor down? What if I screwed up? I looked at Kensi, and she gave me an reassuring look, telling me that it would be fine.

Then, this is when my courage returned to me. As the stranger turned the door knob, I  slid to the ground, I tripped the man to the ground, and held him in a sleeper lock.

With my feet.

'Done.' I panted.

And there my partner was, standing, staring at me with a face full of shock.

'How on earth did you do that? Sam can't do that!' She glared at m.e with heavy doubt.

'Never mind. you're the same as ninja Hetty.

I went back to check on the man  I tripped, and I saw him sprawled on the floor, like a giant mutant goldfish. I helped him up, and he burst into a tirade of curses.

I'm not gonna say what he said. it is too inappropriate.