Chapter 9

And by the meaning of fun, I really didn't know what they were thinking about. And they completely blew my mind. They were really like the officers that picked me up from the orphanage, I guess all LEOs do. They were downright crazy. Every single one of them. Jesus Christ.

'We're here.' Deeks shouted from the back seat, I was riding shotgun.

'Where is this place?' I asked him.

'The house of Bob Hayes.'

'Why is that so creepy? It feels like Halloween!'

'I guess that the man likes that all the time. Everyone likes Halloween!'

'Don't.' As soon as Kensi saw my face, she told Deeks to shut up. I really think he should talk less.

I sensed something, against the nature of me, and it was a weird sensation.

'She knows something, and senses. She's a bloodhound!'

'No she isn't. The next thing you know, if she's a bloodhound, she'll be on four feet and with a soggy wet nose.'

'There's something. Unusual.' I said on my recently fitted comms. Which were specialised just for me, the others had too. The sounds were magnified to over ten times.

'Anything to the back door?'

'Nope.' Deeks reported.

'Front door ready?' 'Lock picked.' From Kens.

'All right. On three.' I was making the orders here, as I had the clearer mind. And I was better at this than I ever thought that I would be.

'Three... two... One!' They followed. Kens and I barged into the front door, and a pungent smell hit my nose.

'Ugh! What Is that smell?'

'I don't know. Perhaps something died in here.'

'Nope. No one died here.' I said, pointing to the fridge. It was wide open. A piece of pork. Left to rot in the fridge, unattended to.

'Chill. Bob is gone.'

'That SOB. I swear that I'll find him. He said that he was accessible 24/7.' Deeks got really mad at that.

'Nah, he probably got hungry and went out to buy takeout, perhaps Chinese, as the only left in his fridge is a piece of stinkin' rotting pork.'

'All right. We'll stay here. Deeks. Go back and tell the others of this situation. Pull up info on Bob Hayes.'

'Yes Mademoiselle.'

'Don't call me that, Deeks. Not the M word.'

'All right. Yes sir.'

Argh. Are those two finished flirting with each other?

I cleared my throat to announce my existence.

'Sorry. Fine. Kens. You stay here with the kid. Babysit.'

'Fine, Deeks. It's my strong suit.'

Then Deeks left grumbling to himself why he had to face Hetty the ninja.

I stayed with Kens, and I have to admit that it was indeed one of her strong suits. She's good mother material. Or she is a mum. Hm... I'll ask her.

'Here. Energy bars. All that I've got. Here. Eat them. You need them more than I do.'

'Why?' As I took off my comms, I could only whisper.

'I... uh... just had lunch before this.... Have it!'