2

"I don't know if want to attend Chilton anymore."

The words that left Rory Gilmore's mouth and shock filled room. Lorelai chocked on her coffee and Ronnie dropped her fork on the floor of Luke's diner. Saying the girl were caught of guard was an understatement. All Rory had ever talked about was going to Chilton so she would be able to get in to Harvard.

Harvard was all Rory dreamed about. Her shared bedroom was full of posters and stickers of the Ivy League school. Ronnie on the other hand didn't really care where she went to school, but she had made a pact with her twin that wherever one went, the other followed. Naturally, she agreed to try to transfer to Chilton, but she was a bit worried she wouldn't get in.

Don't get it wrong. Ronnie he good grades and was pretty smart, but she was lazy and copied most of Rory's notes. Rory figured it was fair lending away her notes since she was the one who wanted to go to Harvard. Luckily, both twins got excepted to Chilton, which was bittersweet for Ronnie.

Ronnie wasn't like Rory. She was way more social and active then her twin. Being captain of the volleyball team had given pretty high social standard. Not that she cared about being popular, but she liked being outgoing with a lot of different people.

That's why she and Matt was closer, and Rory and Lane was also closer. She and Matt was both outgoing and spontaneous. They went to the typical high school parties, that Rory mocked and lame wasn't allowed to attend. Ronnie had tried several times to make Rory accompany her to a party, but to no use. Rory Gilmore always stayed home, nose buried in a book.

So, Ronnie was most definitely going to miss Stars Hollow High and seeing her friends everyday. That's why it's so surprising hearing Rory not wanting to attend Chilton any more.

"What now?" Ronnie asked her twin. "You don't get to back out now. I've emptied out my locker!"

"Where's this coming from Rory?" Their mother asked concerned, choosing to ignore her youngest daughter laziness.

"The timing is just really bad. Plus, the bus ride to Hartford is like thirty minutes each way. Not to mention how expensive it is," Rory explained as her twin sister was trying to reach her fork with her foot.

"What about Harvard?" Lorelai asked concerned. This was very out of character of Rory to act this way.

"We don't know that I can't get into Harvard if I stay where I am," Rory argued which caught Ronnie's attention and made her stop trying to reach her fork.

"We, you mean," she said annoyed. "We don't know that we can't get into Harvard if we stay where we are."

"Yeah, of course, us," Rory said, slightly embarrassed that she had forgotten about her twin.

"Okay, enough. Enough of the crazy talk, okay? I appreciate your concern about everything,but I have this covered," Lorelai said thinking the conversation was finished.

"But I still don't wanna go," Rory complained.

"Oh my god! What's gotten into you?" Lorelai asked her oldest daughter.

"It's about the boy," Ronnie sang causing her sister to kick her leg under the table. "Ow!"

"A boy?" Lorelai couldn't believe what she heard. Was her daughter going down the same road as she did? "This is about a boy, of course. I can't believe I didn't see it. All this talk about money and bus rides. You got a thing going with a guy and you don't want to leave school."

"I'm leaving," Rory said gathering her stuff before getting up.

Lorelai hurried up from her chair putting on her jacket. She wasn't letting her daughter of the hook that easily. No way was her daughter making the exact same mistakes as her. She refused to let that happen.