6

The birthday of Rory and Ronnie Gilmore were right around the corner. This year they would have to parties. One hosted by their grandparents. The second with they're Stars Hollow friends. Everyone in Stars Hollow absolutely adored the twins, and almost everyone were coming.

Matt had been trying to find the perfect gift for his best friend Ronnie. After a lot of thinking he came up with the perfect gift. A knitted beanie.

The reason for the beanie was that she had knitted him a scarf for his birthday. However, it was safe to say that knitting wasn't his strongest talent. So, here he was in the middle of the night franticly knitting.

"What are you doing?" A voice said making Matt jump.

He quickly likes up from the beanie to see that the voice belonged to his little brother Charlie. "I'm knitting."

He little brother let out a loud laugh. "I don't know that qualifies as knitting."

"It's harder that it looks, okay," he said as he ran his hands through his face. "God, Ronnie's going to hate it."

His little cam further into the room hearing her name. "That's Ronnie's birthday present?"

"Yeah," Matt said.

"Do you hate her or something?" Charlie said. "You can't give her that. You have to give her something special or else she will never fall in love with you."

Matt breathed out. "I don't think that'll happen anytime soon."

"Not with that attitude," Charlie said as he took the beanie for his brothers hands and threw it away in the trash. "Tomorrow you'll go and buy her the most beautiful necklace ever. Every girl loves jewelry."

"Well, Ronnie's not like other girls, okay?" Matt responded while he grabbed the beanie from the trash.

"Your call, but when she laughs in your face tomorrow you only have yourself to blame," Charlie said leaving the room.

Matt let out a big sigh after his brother left his room. Was Charlie right? Would Ronnie find his fist stupid? He rubbed his hands over his face before heading over to his mirror. His green eyes had gotten puffy from the lack of sleep and his hair was a mess to say the least. He grabbed the beanie and looked at it before throwing it in the trash.

"How stupid," he said to himself before jumping onto his bed finally being able to sleep.

~

It was the day of the Gilmore twins birthday party in Stars Hollow. Everyone close to them was there. Even their grandparents had showed up. The girls had just finished opening up their presents from their loved ones, when Matt pulled Ronnie aside.

The pair made their way into the kitchen when Matt pulled out a tiny squared present from his his pocket. "Happy Birthday," he said as he handed her the gift. "I figured it be more special if I gave it to you in private."

"You're just worried I'm not gonna like it," she joked as she started to open the present. "Honestly, Matt I'm not that difficult buying presents for as you make it out to be-"

Her words died out as she saw what was in the tiny box. Inside was a beautiful gold necklace heart shaped necklace with a tiny butterfly inside it. She was speechless, which wasn't often. It was the most beautiful necklace she'd ever seen.

"Do you like it?" Matt asked getting nervous over the silence.

"I love it," she said immediately. "It's perfect. Thank you." She quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. Almost instantly his arms wrapped around her waist a smile growing on his lips.