5

"Hey, check it out. I got a B," Ronnie said as she held her paper up for Rory to see.

Rory's eyes widened and she quickly snapped her sister's paper out of her hands. There was no way. "What?"

"I know," Ronnie said with a huge smile before flipping her hair over her shoulder. "I guess I'm more than just a pretty face."

Rory laughed slightly at her twins joke. "So, what did you get?" Ronnie asked as she put her paper back in her backpack.

"Oh I-," she stumbled over her words with hesitation.

"Oh, come on! Just show me the A and start bragging," Ronnie said as she grabbed her sister's paper only to spot the letter D instead of an A. "Oh."

"Give it back!" Rory yelled as she snatched the paper back. "I don't understand how this could've happened. I've never gotten a D before and how on earth did you get better than me?"

Ronnie was taken aback by her sister's tone. "Gee, thanks for the boost of confidence," she said sarcastically as she walked away annoyed.

Ronnie couldn't believe her sister. Rory had always gotten a better grade than her and Ronnie had always been happy for her, but the one time Ronnie actually did better this was the response.

"Hey," a voice said behind her making her jump.

She turned around to see Josh standing there. It had been a few days since she had spoken to him. "Oh, hey, how are you?"

Josh chuckled as he moved closer to the girl. "Good, but I've missed seeing your pretty face."

A rosy blush made its way on Ronnie's cheeks as she looked down at the floor. If she was being honest Josh hadn't really crossed her mouth after what happened between her and Matt. Not that anything really had happened, but she felt like something could happen and she didn't wanna mess that up by leading Josh on.

When the Gilmore girl didn't say anything, Josh decided to speak again. "So, what are you doing this weekend? Because I'm thinking dinner and a movie. What do you say?"

Ronnie let out a small sigh, feeling bad that she was about to reject him. "I'm seeing someone."

Josh was the only one who got shocked by her answer, Ronnie was also surprised. Why did she say that? That was a lie. However, this wasn't the time where a girl say she's taken just to get rid of a guy. She genuinely didn't think she was completely available.

"Oh, I thought you said you were single?" He asked with hesitation.

She closed her eyes, forgetting that she had told him that. "Well, yeah, I-I am, but I'm almost seeing someone. Like I'm going to be seeing someone soon. Hopefully," she said as she figured honesty was the best policy.

Josh nodded. "I hope it works out for you.
If not you know where to find me," he said before walking off.

~
Back in Stars Hollow was Matt walking down the school hallway with Dean by his side. The two of them had gotten pretty close rather quickly. Matt had told Dean about what had happened between him and Ronnie a few days ago.

"So? Are you two dating then?" Dean asked as he really didn't understand.

Much to his disappointment Matt didn't know either and gave shrug in response. It was such a nice moment between him and Ronnie. He had thought it was better left unsaid between them, but turns out it's not.

"She's so hard to read. She speaks in codes. I don't think she ever would come out and say straight up that she likes me," Matt thought out loud. "If she likes me."