CHAPTER 39

Once we have finish the discussion, I have notice the change of Tzuyu's behaviour. And I already knew the possible reason. Her father.

I can't blame her tho, after all Tian Min is still her father. The one who raise and gave her shelter.

I let out a sigh as I watch her disappears behind her bedroom's door. I hope she's okay.

"Hey.." A hand held my shoulder to turn me around. And I met with my sister's melancholic face. "She'll be fine don't worry." She crack a smile as she assured. Even though I can't really get off this uneasy feeling in me, I smiled so she won't worry too much. "I understand."

"Now go, help the others."

————

As we discuss earlier. Me, Jennie, and Chaeyoung will head together to the Kim Trio's hideout, in case something unexpected happen.

And as what we plan, we wander trough the woods with slow, cautious step. The leaves creak under our feet, breaking the eerie silence tuat surrounds the foggy woods. We have decided to move in the morning and everyone agree to act wheb the small hand hit four where the darkness slowly fades trough the incoming morning light.

As we carry on to our journey, we gave our selves a stop, hearing a rush footsteps echoing trough the foggy woods. Alarm by the sudden occurence of the sounds, Jennie signal us to climb up not too high, not too low. And trough the thick fog that invade every spaces of the forest, a silhouette of a man catches my eyes. There are three of them but the thing that confuse me the most is the figures that chases after them.

I look across me and saw Jennie, staring intently trough the thick fogs, her cat-like eyes squinted as she tries so hard to recognize the incoming people. And when she did her eyes widen. She turn to me and mouthed 'Kim Trio'

After getting the message, I immediately readied myself for any upcoming fight, cause from the way I am seeing right now, they in need of help.

"Chaeyoung." She signals to Zero and the younger nodded, getting the message. She dropped down herself on the leaves-covered ground behind a tree and ready herself. Jennie do the same getting herself down the tree while I stayed on my spot. I didn't get any order so why bother.

As three men pass trough me, a two of strong arms pulled them that it looks like they have vainsh into the thin air. Jennie had pulled Jin on her side, amidst of her cobering the latter's mouth. On the other side, Chaeyoung had grab Namjoon and Taehyung, her both hand clamped against the two males mouth.

At exactly thirty seconds, men in suit had pass us, not bothering to look around and head straight, not having a single idea that the people they're looking for, are just hiding behind a tree. It probably because of the thick fogs that covered the forest thats why they went ahead, thinking the three went straight.

After making sure there was none. Jennie's voice calle out, "Y/n, come down now." She ushers and I get down as she said as they emerged from their hiding spot.

"So whats your decision?" Jennie — without further ado, ask. Her brows cocked as she waits for an answer. The three took in a breath before looking to each other, comunnicating trough their eyes.

Me and Chaeyoung stayed quiet as they debate with their selves. I look at Chaeyoung and saw her already looking at me, right into my eyes. I blink a few times but she did not look away, she's just looking at me. Can't last long with the deep staring contests, I look away, cheeks heating up.

"Jennie unnie, don't you think you four need a space ?" I propose and she nods, urging me to go behind a tree. "I call you after we finish talking." I only nod in response and do as she said, disappearing behind a tree. Letting my body slumped down on the ground. Inhaling the morning mist.

I felt a presence beside me, and without thinking I got up and about to attack,  but then I saw Chaeyoung leaning against the same tree I'm resting on.

"Sorry If I startled you." She speak nonchalanty, and I nodded, getting down again to sit, back resting against the tree. Chaeyoung did the same, lowering herself on the leafy ground.

"I felt like you want to ask me something." Chaeng muttered, attracting my attention. She's talking to me but her eyes were glued on the horizon before us.

I have nothing really to ask but now that she mention, maybe Its time to clear things up. So I cleared my throat, "Is the friendship uou have shown is true?" I ask, resting my chin on my folded knees. My eyes gazing up to the rising sun.

"Yes."

My head snapped towards her, not expecting her answer. And I just realized that she scooted closer, since the distance between us decreases.

Chaeng is also looking at me. Her eyes as dark as the starless night. Her eyes reflect emptiness.

"Will you betray us?" The words slip out my mouth before I could even stop them. I saw Caheyoung lips curled in a muse smile. "What do you think?" She shrugs, still staring at me.

"I don't know." I heave out a sigh as I look down, and tons of word slips out of my mouth before I could prevent it from spilling out.

:"Please don't Chaeng. Even we have just met for like a month, I have grown fond of you. When I found out about your real identity, It breaks me so much, and adding the fact that you are the one who was always mention everytime they tells who I need stay away with made me ——  "

I cut my own words when a hand cup my chin to raise my head up.

"Chaeng what are you —mmphh!"