Chapter 6

It was the afternoon when they finally reached Pewter city. The Pokemon levelled up a little and learned new moves.

Ash sat down on a conveniently placed rock and remarked:

"This place is full of grey."

"That's because Pewter is grey. It's the city of rocks." A voice said.

The trainers turned around to see a tanned man with lines for eyes.

"Who are you mister?" Ash asked politely.

"The name's Flint. Young man, you are sitting on merchandise." He pointed at the rock that he was sitting on.

"Sorry, I didn't know." Ash apologized as he stood up.

"It's fine."

"It was nice to meet you Flint but we have to go to the Pokemon center. Could you please tell us the directions?" Gary asked.

"Oh you just need to turn right on Peddle street and you'll reach it."

"Thank you, sir." They thanked.

"You're going to challenge Brock right?"

"I'm not but he is" Gary said pointing at Ash."

"You should give up. He is way above your league." He said addressing Ash.

Ash was a little offended. "Sir, I would appreciate it if you didn't underestimate me." He said crossing his arms.

"Sorry but, even if you're cute, he won't go easy on you."

"We should really get going now. Thanks for the directions." Gary said pushing Ash in the direction of the center.

...

They arrived at the Pokemon center, Ash still being a bit salty. The trainers walked up to the front desk and ask for a check-up on their Pokemons.

"Ash and Gary right?" The Pewter Nurse Joy asked.

"Uh yes, how did you know?"

"The nurse Joys' keep ourselves updated. The Viridian nurse Joy described you as a cute childish raven-haired boy and a mature-looking brunette."

Ash and Gary both blushed. After they had a small conversation and picked up their Pokemons, they headed out to explore the city.

Ash had Anahita around his neck and Gary had Pedro walking beside him. They found the Pokemart pretty quickly and stocked up on missing supplies. They then went to the gym to schedule a battle for tomorrow morning.

They went into the building that had a pink roof and a boulder-like front. Going in, they saw that there was a pretty long line. A dirty blonde-haired woman, who looked like the receptionist, went up to them and said with an annoyed tone:

"We don't accept any more challenges today, come back tomorrow."

"We're here to schedule a battle for tomorrow. Is a time in the morning available?" Ash asked.

"Of course, we do! Most people enter the gym to battle the gym leader directly and need to wait for a long time. They don't even think about scheduling it for another time. So, anytime is available. Do you have one in mind?"

"Is 10 a.m. alright?"

"It's perfect for you. Because we open at 10 exactly. So, you will have the first match."

"Alright thank you."

"The reservation is for who?"

"It's for me, my name is Ash Ketchum."