Chapter 9

"WHY ISN'T HE BANNED!?"

Ash threw Gary a look:

'Is this girl for real?'

'I think she is.'

Ash sighed: "Anyway, Anahita it's time to play!"

Tini!~ The Dratini seemed playful, swimming in the water.

Ash then gave Gary another look: 'Keep an eye on her.'

Gary nodded.

Violet, seemingly understanding Ash, sent out her own Horsea.

She nodded at the referee and he announced the rules of this gym battle.

2 Pokemon each, no healing items, limited to 4 moves per Pokemon and substitutions are allowed.

"Horsea, Twister!"

The battle went smoothly and swiftly with Violet putting quite the fight with her strategy while Ash also held his own. It was all while ignoring the red fuming Misty.

Violet's Horsea fainted and had her Starmie on the field while Ash still had both of his Pokemon and had Haldis out.

"Starmie, dive in the water! The Butterfree can't get you there!"

"I wouldn't be so sure, Haldis Poison Powder!" Ash retaliated.

The Butterfree flapped his wings letting shiny purple dust come out of them.

"Crap, quick! Hide under one of the platforms! When the ends, come out!"

"Keep 'em coming, Haldis!"

Soon, the pool became a light purple from the poison.

Starmie came out of the water, poisoned.

"Haldis, finish this with Psybeam!"

"No, Starmie!"

Just as the Butterfree was about to launch the attack, a fairly large rock hit Haldis in the head, knocking him out.

"Haldis!" Ash screamed in horror as Haldis plummeted into the poisonous water.

Ash took a breath and dove into the pool.

He was able to retrieve his Pokemon but he was also poisoned. As he got out of the pool, he seemed considerably pale and weak.

Violet ran to Ash's side and started to tend to him while Brock tended to the Pokemon.

Both of them administered antidotes but they only had those for Pokemon.

'I'll have to do it for now.' Violet thought giving a few of them to Brock.

"I-is Haldis o-okay?" Ash asked weakly.

"He'll be fine so focus on resting."

Ash gave a thumbs up and his world went black.

******

Ash woke up in a bright room which had a lingering scent of Chloroform.

When his eyes adjusted to the sudden light he noticed something weighing down his legs. Ash sat up.

Gary feeling the other boy shift woke up too.

"You finally woke up!" Gary exclaimed relieved.

"For how long was I out?" Ash groaned.

"For about 3 hours."

"What happened after I fainted?"

"Well," Gary started. "We first called a hospital to know our next steps of action. Brock carried you in his arms to the Pokemon center. While all that was happening, we also caught the one who threw that rock."

"Well? Who was it?"

"You should be able to figure it out."

A moment passed:

"It was Misty wasn't it."

Gary nodded.

"I was only able to catch her thanks to Stryker. Who shot ink at her face. Which is impressive might I add."

"What a bitch." Ash muttered.

"Did you say something Ashy?"

"I said, when could I get out?" Ash said playing it off.

"They said that you should stay here overnight but you should be able to leave tomorrow."

The duo then started talking about meaningless stuff and debated a few topics. They were at it for an hour and a half when someone knocked on the door.

"!- Ah, come in!"

Violet along with her sisters, excluding Misty, entered. "Am I bothering you? I can come back another time."

"No, you're fine what did you want?" Ash said.

"We wanted to apologize for our sister's behaviour. What Misty has done was wrong and she shouldn't have done it. As her sisters, we should have kept a closer eye on her. She will have her Pokemon licence dissolved and she would be attending anger management classes. So please accept our sincere apologies." The three sisters bowed.

"Please raise your head, it's not your fault. But did you want something else?" Ash asked.

"Yes, I also came to give you this," Violet said taking out a small box and opening it.

Inside was a teardrop-shaped metal that was painted blue.

"This is the Cascade badge and this is proof of your victory. There was no doubt that you would've won if it weren't for Misty." She forced the badge into Ash's hands.

"And here, this is the TM Scald. Take this as compensation for your trouble."

Ash accepts the TM and pulls out his royal blue badge case and his TM case from his Nanodex. He puts both of them in their separate spots and puts the cases back into the Nanodex.

"Thank yo-" before Ash could finish his sentence, the hospital's alarm went off.

«A group of people has attacked this hospital. This is not a drill. I repeat this is not a drill.»

"Who would attack a human hospital?" Ash asked no one in particular.

"This is actually a hybrid hospital with both people and Pokemon." Gary explained. "But now is not the time for that."

Ash gets out of the hospital bed, puts on his shoes quickly and grabs his Pokebelt.

"Let's try to get out of here or at least a good place to hide."

All silently agreed. Lily, the pink-haired sister, opened the door with as little noise as possible and peeked outside. There were a few faint screams that were probably at the other side of the hospital.

Seeing there were no people in sight, Lily gave a thumbs up for the all-clear.

All went out of the room, tiptoeing down the empty hall towards the closest emergency exit. As Ash passed a door, it suddenly opened.

Ash, started, closed his hand instinctively and threw a punch and a low kick towards the door. Whoever opened the door fell down but not without trying to hold onto a small nightstand for support. A thump followed by a crash echoed through the uncomfortably silent hallway.

The startled trainer opened his eyes that he didn't realize were closed to see...

To be continued...

*****
Do people even read a/n's?

Anyway, I'm so sorry for not updating often. To be frank, I was occupied with...other things....*cough* reading fanfics *cough*. So I wasn't able nor motivated to write (type?). But that's not really an excuse, is it? But for those that read this shitty fanfic, know that I will continue this but it'll be slow.

Thanks for reading!

(P.S. Thanks for the votes! I never expected for this to be recognized as this was mostly to waste time.)